Firefox Screenshots icon missing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CaJazzman

Firefox Screenshots icon missing

Post by CaJazzman »

I just got the new update from 55 to 56 and everything was working great. But, now, I've noticed that the Firefox Screenshot icon is missing. I went into About:config, and the extensions.screenshots.system-disabled, is set to false. I also re-installed the 56 update, but still no icon. What can I do, to get it back? :?:
jscher2000

Re: Firefox Screenshots icon missing

Post by jscher2000 »

If you change to Customize mode and glance around, can you find it lost somewhere in an unexpected part of a toolbar, overflow list, or menu, or among the available icons to add back to the toolbar?

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customiz ... d-toolbars
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

jscher2000 wrote:If you change to Customize mode and glance around, can you find it lost somewhere in an unexpected part of a toolbar, overflow list, or menu, or among the available icons to add back to the toolbar?

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customiz ... d-toolbars
I did find that the Firefox Screenshots was there, minus the icon, meaning, it has the text but no icon. When I selected it, nothing happens at all, so, it's worthless. Any other ideas? Thanks a bunch! :?:
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Are you using the default theme?
"3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance

Otherwise your theme might not yet support this newly added button.

You can try to click the "Restore Defaults" button on the Customize palette page to see if that has effect (there will be an Undo button present to revert).
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

dickvl wrote:Are you using the default theme?
"3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance

Otherwise your theme might not yet support this newly added button.

You can try to click the "Restore Defaults" button on the Customize palette page to see if that has effect (there will be an Undo button present to revert).
No, but that wasn't an issue when I upgraded, so, I don't think that's the issue here either. I did try the Restore Button, but no change, still the same, issue. :?
The RedBurn

Post by The RedBurn »

I just had the same issue: no icon and no action when I clicked on the menu entry.

I fixed it by switching extensions.screenshots.disabled to true then back to false without browser restart.