Problem with yahoo mail

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
marcoss

Problem with yahoo mail

Post by marcoss »

I have a problem with Yahoo mail. Suddenly I can’t upload attachments, tried using latest Update for Firefox , but the problem didn’t solve until now. Any solutions please?
Last edited by marcoss on October 13th, 2017, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Problem with yahoo mail

Post by DanRaisch »

What's happening when you try to upload those attachments?
Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
ianas

Post by ianas »

not sure if it's related but yahoo recently announced they had a massive hack over 3 billion accounts (all of them) it's quite possible it's been disabled by yahoo if they're doing some house keeping
mtalbot

Post by mtalbot »

ianas wrote:not sure if it's related but yahoo recently announced they had a massive hack over 3 billion accounts (all of them) it's quite possible it's been disabled by yahoo if they're doing some house keeping
Yahoo only announced the 3 billion hack recently but it actually occurred back in 2013 and, while doing housekeeping after being aquired by Verizon, they realized that their original estimate of 1 billion was wrong.

The attchment issue is more likely to be something to else but it wouldn't hurt to update your Yahoo password and security questions.
ianas

Post by ianas »

I just checked my yahoo account and while I use t-bird for email's I could write a new email and attack a local file to it
it's most likely something on your side check to see if javascript is enabled
therube

Post by therube »

What version(s) of FF are you using?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript