youtube does not work after forced firefox update to 56

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
damnit123

youtube does not work after forced firefox update to 56

Post by damnit123 »

Today, I do believe, Mozilla is CORRUPT crap - updates just bring some random crap in design, but ALWAYS shuts down the important thing - USABILITY !

I CAN NOT LOAD YOUTUBE VIDEOS AFTER UPGRADE, DOES WORK IN OTHER BROWSERS, SO THE BUG IS IN FIREFOX 56 UPGRADE.
Last edited by DanRaisch on October 5th, 2017, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor edit for language.
allande

Re: youtube does not work after forced firefox update to 56

Post by allande »

First try Firefox 56 portable. If it works properly your Firefox profile is probably corrupted. If it does not work, go into plugin settings and disable Flash and try it again.
therube

Post by therube »

Do you have an extension forcing Flash on Youtube?
Youtube no longer supports Flash (AFAIK).

Try Safe Mode.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

No problem with YouTube here? Normal speed
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
James

Post by James »

People who have been having problems with Youtube in Firefox in last while have been due to some Youtube related extensions such as Dark YouTube Theme 4.1 or the Flash Player extension.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

O THE BUG IS IN FIREFOX 56 UPGRADE.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc is called a "logical fallacy" with good reason. As James noted, assuming that the problem is in the update without testing in Safe Mode is not helpful. Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
firefox_fan2008

Post by firefox_fan2008 »

I am most appreciative for this thread and the members comments. I as well started having this problem after updating to version 56. After reading this thread I resolved the issue by first disabling all YouTube associated Firefox extensions (there were 4.) The videos started playing immediately thereafter. Happy to have my problem resolved then I started to enable the disabled extensions one at a time. The culprit turned out to be "Youtube Flash Player" extension as the rest didn't interfere with playback and therefor are restored now.

Hope this feedback may help someone in the future as your comments have helped me.

Firefox rocks! 8-)