Is this extension enabled or not?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Odin2

Is this extension enabled or not?

Post by Odin2 »

My about:addons page lists RightToClick as enabled. Yet RightTo Click is no longer listed at https://addons.mozilla.org/. Why?
Mark12547

Re: Is this extension enabled or not?

Post by Mark12547 »

From some posts I came across, it looks like the extension wasn't compatible with Electrolysis, and the author had removed the extension.

Will this do? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -and-copy/

Note: this will break some websites, according to the reviews.
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Thanks, Mark. I guess there was a failure somewhere that resulted in the persistence of the listing of RightToClick as an enabled extension.

I have checked out the alternative you mentioned, and as you warned it does seem problematic for some sites. Instead I've installed Happy Right-Click, which does not seem to have the same issues.
James

Post by James »

An Extension does not need to be listed at say addons.mozilla.org in order for it to be installed in Firefox.
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

James, I'm aware of that. One would expect, however, that an extension that is no longer functional (and removed from addons.mozilla.org) would not continue to be listed as enabled in a user's about:addons.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Why? if it still works with that version then no problems. Obviously when the apocalypse happens it will be disabled
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

malliz wrote:when the apocalypse happens
They remove 'Legacies' from Extensions and put them in the Guantanamo Bay Option, from there one can exterminate with extreme prejudice.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

right click and copy?

stylish and
* {-moz-user-select: text !important;}
right-to-click was a context menu enabler, this is bit different.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

You can simply hold down the Shift key while right-clicking to bring up Firefox's default context menu. This works whether sites try to disable it or replace it with their own custom menu. Test page.
Odin2 wrote:One would expect, however, that an extension that is no longer functional (and removed from addons.mozilla.org) would not continue to be listed as enabled in a user's about:addons.
I most definitely would not expect that. I'd be quite disturbed if Mozilla decided to mess with my add-ons that way.
therube

Post by therube »

hold down the Shift key while right-clicking to bring up Firefox's default context menu
Cool. Thanks.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript