Change background color of bookmark drop menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post Posted October 16th, 2017, 3:41 am

When my Bookmarks menu on the Booksmarks toolbar drops down, its background is all black with only the entries my cursor scrolls through being highlighted. Is there a way to turn the black ground to a lighter color where I can see every item listed in the menu?

Thanks for any tips!

Jim in NYC

Post Posted October 16th, 2017, 3:49 am

Are you running a Theme?
Have you thought of trying another one, say, a tad lighter?
ref; >
> ... te-themes/

Otherwise, wait for a coder to come along who may be able to help out.

Moving this to Firefox Support...
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/IntelĀ® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-56.0.1-57.0/T-bird-
RadioYachting. (Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

Post Posted October 17th, 2017, 8:27 am

In my userChrome file:

@namespace url("");
/*background and font color of sidebar */
#bookmarksPanel treechildren,
#history-panel treechildren {background-color: rgb(255,255,184) !important;
font-weight: bold !important;font-size: 13pt !important;color: darkslateblue !important;}

/*Bookmarks sidebar: change hover color */
#bookmarks-view treechildren:-moz-tree-cell(hover) {background-color: steelblue !important; }
#bookmarks-view treechildren:-moz-tree-cell(selected) {background-color: steelblue !important; }

Post Posted October 17th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Thanks to both of you! Before your responses I first did a full refresh then added on the default themes and have readible menus again. Just as a learning experience I'm going to see what happens with both your recommended solutions. Since I only recently fired-up Firefox on a "new" secondhand Dell E6430 and had its new version Firefox sync configurations from a Firefox account unused for six years, I think my toolbar menu backgrounds orginally came from a older Firefox installation on a 32bit Thinkpad and it must be that using that long-ago synced Firefox data wasn't as faithfully compatible with today's Firefox. Just a theory, but sounds right enough since I'd no issues with Firefox until that sync.

Thanks for the assist!!

Jim in NYC

Return to Firefox Support