How Do I Remove CAPTCHAS?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
killz

How Do I Remove CAPTCHAS?

Post by killz »

Annoying as hell. Is there a CSS or addon that removes all CAPTCHAS to avoid selecting stupid street sign and car images?
Brummelchen

Re: How Do I Remove CAPTCHAS?

Post by Brummelchen »

no captchas - no website. silly idea.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The captchas are there to eliminate visits by bots. As Brummelchen said, if you don't respond to the captcha, you don't get to visit the website.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

You can't avoid them altogether but you can certainly reduce how many you see by signing up to a VPN and then configuring Firefox to use their SOCKS5 proxy. I use Mullvad myself and here's a screenshot of the Firefox settings: http://imghst.co/68/Fy5glorU.PNG

A VPN in itself is a good idea anyway especially where it concerns sites which are unencrypted like this one. You've no doubt seen the warning flag when you login to Mozillazine but it won't be of any concern if your connection is already encrypted by the VPN.

What I suggest you do to test it with just the VPN by signing up for an account and then make use of your free 3 hours worth of encrypted browsing to see whether it makes a difference.

Download the setup file and then click "Generate account". https://mullvad.net/guides/installing-m ... t-windows/
It'll generate a 16 digit account number which is all you need. Mullvad doesn't require an email addy and doesn't want to know who you are or where you live. If you decide it's a good idea and want to extend your time limit it'll cost you €5,00 a month. You can install it on any number of devices, but are restricted to five simultaneous connections at any one time.
therube

Post by therube »

you can certainly reduce how many you see by signing up to a VPN and then configuring Firefox to use their SOCKS5 proxy
How does that (VPN) help to reduce the number of CAPTCHAS you may see?

no captchas - no website
You might say, no captchas killz website.
But then, captchas can killz website too (if you can't figure out the captcha).
;-)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

captchas are delivered by google or solvemedia - last domain is nearly on every blocklist, whyever (api.solvemedia.com)
there is no option passing for captchas, either when entering a website or posting forms with captcha - as mentioned to avoid bots.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Brummelchen wrote:captchas are delivered by google or solvemedia - last domain is nearly on every blocklist, whyever (api.solvemedia.com)
there is no option passing for captchas, either when entering a website or posting forms with captcha - as mentioned to avoid bots.
I'm merely quoting from my VPN's site: https://mullvad.net/guides/socks5-proxy/
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Some additional info on the subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOCKS#Usage (second paragraph).
therube

Post by therube »

SOCKS & proxies, that's all well & good, but I'm still failing to see how that has any bearing on the appearance of lack thereof of CAPTCHA?

(I gave up on socks cause given the state of my shoes, virtually sole-less at this point, might as well just let my toes drag the tarmac.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

therube wrote:SOCKS & proxies, that's all well & good, but I'm still failing to see how that has any bearing on the appearance of lack thereof of CAPTCHA?

(I gave up on socks cause given the state of my shoes, virtually sole-less at this point, might as well just let my toes drag the tarmac.)
Did you miss this sentence in the Wikipedia article I linked to?
  • Another use of SOCKS is as a circumvention tool, allowing traffic to bypass Internet filtering to access content otherwise blocked, e.g., by governments, workplaces, schools, and country-specific web services
In that respect CAPTCHA's are a form of Internet filtering.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

captchas are no filters - they grant access to avoid bots or other bad behavior (like ddos)
socks wont suppress that. no captchas - no website.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Brummelchen wrote:no captchas - no website.
True!

Locking.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6