MozillaZine

Theme and Font Chavger Addon not compatible with FF 57.0

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jgil
 
Posts: 2
Joined: August 16th, 2017, 6:53 am

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 9:49 am

I just got FF 57.0 and found the Theme and Fonts Changer that i have used for years is not compatible. How can I get a compatible one or other wise change the fonts sizes for the menu bar and Bookmarks tool bar?

Thank you

Brummelchen
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: March 19th, 2005, 10:51 am

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 10:21 am

there is none, because it is not allowed. please ask for a style for userchrome.

Zoom for webpages
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ppver=57.0

ellfeld
 
Posts: 20
Joined: January 3rd, 2013, 4:41 pm

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 11:23 am

I apologize as I now see a similar questions was just asked. I know the answer is to write a userchrome.css. Does anyone have script?

mightyglydd

User avatar
 
Posts: 9061
Joined: November 4th, 2006, 7:07 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca.

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 11:28 am

#KeepFightingMichael

Gubbio
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 4:09 pm

I have no problem with Web pages, it's Firefox itself.

The TEXT on the Navigation Toolbar, the Menu Bar, the Bookmarks Toolbar, the Open Tabs, and the Context Menu are all TINY. Very hard on the eyes.

How hard would it be for them to build in an option to adjust these things, like the Theme and Font Changer did ??? Seems to me an adjustment like that should be standard.

This is just stupid. ](*,)

hch
 
Posts: 94
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 4:28 pm

Gubbio ... completely agree. The size of those fonts is ridiculous.

Gubbio
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 6:17 am

hch wrote:Gubbio ... completely agree. The size of those fonts is ridiculous.

Not that any of the Firefox apologists here would agree, but Firefox is doing everything it can to force users away.

It's just become a complete mess. #-o

Eckard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: September 5th, 2011, 8:17 am
Location: Paris (not TX)

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 6:40 am

Copy & paste the following code in a text editor

Code: Select all
@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

/* Global UI font */
* { font-size: 12pt !important; }

save the file as "userChrome.css" (without quotation marks and with a capital C), create a new folder named "chrome", drag the userChrome.css file into the chrome folder.
Open the Firefox profile folder via Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Folder > Open folder:
drag the chrome folder into the xxxxxxxx.default folder and restart Firefox.
If necessary adjust the number of pt to your eyesight. Any modification in the userChrome.css file needs a restart of Firefox.

Gubbio
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 7:07 am

Eckard wrote:Copy & paste the following code in a text editor

Code: Select all
@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

/* Global UI font */
* { font-size: 12pt !important; }

save the file as "userChrome.css" (without quotation marks and with a capital C), create a new folder named "chrome", drag the userChrome.css file into the chrome folder.
Open the Firefox profile folder via Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Folder > Open folder:
drag the chrome folder into the xxxxxxxx.default folder and restart Firefox.
If necessary adjust the number of pt to your eyesight. Any modification in the userChrome.css file needs a restart of Firefox.

Thanks, I don't know Chrome Code, but I DO understand your instructions. Thus far, I am unable to get it to work.

Eckard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: September 5th, 2011, 8:17 am
Location: Paris (not TX)

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 7:25 am

Gubbio wrote: Thus far, I am unable to get it to work.

The code works for me in the Firefox 57 Mac version.
Frequent errors are :
the capital C in userChrome.css omitted,
the file has a .txt suffix, e.g. userChrome.txt or userChrome.css.txt,
you didn't put the userChrome.css file in the the chrome folder or you didn't put the chrome folder in the profile folder,
you didn't restart Firefox.

kls490

User avatar
 
Posts: 19
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 3:57 am
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region (United States)

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 7:40 am

(@Eckard)

MUCH OBLIGED for the code/instructions you provided. They appear to work, as the text shown in tabs, toolbar, & Bookmarks, is now back to a larger, readable size. The only difference is (With the Theme & Font Size Changer Addon), I was also able to display the text in bold font which further enhanced my ability to read it.

** I'm still using FF v56.0.1 on a WIN 7, x64 computer and am VERY hesitant about upgrading to v57 given all the issues I've been reading/hearing about.

Being an elderly, disabled vet with significant vision issues (and not tech-saavy at all - - [memory problems too])...it took me some time to accomplish everything.

Thanks very much again!

kls490

Suze

User avatar
 
Posts: 406
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 5:58 pm

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 8:00 am

I also do not know Chrome Code
I see it as the answer to many of the same problems as I have but not sure how to fool around with the inner workings of FF 57 NOR DO i WANT TO
Suze

Mudder

User avatar
 
Posts: 37
Joined: July 7th, 2013, 4:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 8:11 am

I didn't experience these problems, fonts in the menu and tabs remained the same as in 55-56 BUT I am using the windows classic theme /w the "Maple" colour palette I obtained from sevenforums,
rather than the steel grey and blue of the stock theme, ie NO Australis or whatever its called.

Gubbio
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 8:16 am

Eckard wrote:
Gubbio wrote: Thus far, I am unable to get it to work.

The code works for me in the Firefox 57 Mac version.
Frequent errors are :
the capital C in userChrome.css omitted,
the file has a .txt suffix, e.g. userChrome.txt or userChrome.css.txt,
you didn't put the userChrome.css file in the the chrome folder or you didn't put the chrome folder in the profile folder,
you didn't restart Firefox.

MANY THANKS! =D> This is much better.

My error was NOT creating a CHROME folder. I put the userChrome.css file directly into the DEFAULT profile folder.

But, it's a shame that people have to go through these contortions. Some are unable, and some are unwilling. And, from what I see on the board, there are still a host of other problems.

Browsers shouldn't be this difficult to manage. [-X

ellfeld
 
Posts: 20
Joined: January 3rd, 2013, 4:41 pm

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 9:16 am

Thanks, Eckard. Works perfectly for me in FF57 on Windows 10. But agree with others that for many this is too difficult. Not everyone knows they need to go to Notepad or equivelant. Too geeky for masses.

Return to Firefox Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Reflective and 9 guests