MozillaZine

Move Bookmarks toolbar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Carnivius

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 10:41 am

Hello,
just updated to Firefox 57 and very impressed with the new speed and smoothness though of course having a bit of shock from the sudden lack of the majority of the add-ons I was using but I guess some of those will hopefully be updated in time. At the moment I'm just trying to get my main layout the way I like it.

Now I like the tabs below the main bar and bookmarks toolbar. That's just how it works logically for me. And I've done that with help from googling about userchrome.css. Now i'm trying to get my bookmarks folder down below the main toolbar and above the tabs but for some reason I cannot do this with the customise. When dragging the bookmarks toolbar in customise mode it just takes the bookmarks toolbar bit but leaves the big bar of space up there and when trying to lay the bookmarks toolbar elsewhere it tries to shove that into the main toolbar or into the tabs bar when of course I want it to make new space between them. Is there some way I can do that, possibly via the userchrome.css?

Here is my current userchrome.css (I've hidden bookmark toolbar text cos I find it too cluttered and I recognise things either from their unique icon or their placement on the bar)

Code: Select all
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

#tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button { display:none!important; }

/* Puts tabs on the bottom */
#TabsToolbar {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #888 !important;
}
#nav-bar{ border-top-width: 0px !important; }

/* Hide bookmark text */
#personal-bookmarks .bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-text {
 display:none !important;
}

Carnivius

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Never mind. Have got it sorted now. I thought I should post it in case anyone else may need it. :D

Code: Select all
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

#tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button { display:none!important; }

/* Hide bookmark text */
#personal-bookmarks .bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-text {
 display:none !important;
}

/* Bookmarks Bar fix */
#PersonalToolbar {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
}

#nav-bar{
  border-top-width: 0px !important;
}