FF57 Broke Tab Height <Dead Space> .css Help

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jetspeedz

Re: FF57 Broke Tab Height <Dead Space> .css Help

Post by jetspeedz »

This is quite frustrating Mozilla keeps forcing style changes.

The below kind of works but not really. When I open a new browser all new tabs are white until i click on it than it becomes black and when i open a new tab its white first than changes to black. Makes no sense, back to testing.

@-moz-document url-prefix(about:blank) {*{background-color:#000000;}}
@-moz-document url-prefix(about:newtab) {*{background-color:#000000;}}
@-moz-document url-prefix(about:home) {*{background-color:#000000;}}
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jetspeedz wrote:Hi Frank,

It did not work for me. In fact I cleared everything in both userChrome &Content and just used your code above only in userContent and it was not red tabs.
No idea, but I've gone back to my 60.0b10 for other reasons now. I use the old style enhanced New Tab page.

Your problem might be related to this, or maybe not - https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... er_honors/

I don't really follow this Firefox stuff these days, as I'm 99.9% on SeaMonkey now. Aris follows the Firefox changes though.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Thanks Frank, I'll keep messing with it till i get it. This whole time I thought you were a FF addict
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Well i got it sorted out, not the most elegant way to do it but it works

.browserContainer { background-color: black !important; }

@-moz-document url("about:blank"), url("about:home"), url("about:newtab") {
body {
background-color:#000000;
}
}
firefox008 wrote:Has there been an ability to change the TAB HEIGHT YET?

I can change the TAB Width OK , but there are no ptopn to chnage the TAB HEIGHT.
Yes this has been available for some time. if you look back through this thread you can see but here is a snippet.

#tabbrowser-tabs {
min-height: 18px !important;
height: 18px !important;
}
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jetspeedz wrote:This whole time I thought you were a FF addict
Nope, I'm a dev theme writer and, Mozilla-family-wise, I do them for SeaMonkey, Thunderbird and Firefox. In addition to be able to code pretty well, you also have to follow the version changes made on the stuff you're theming for.

So, as soon as Firefox 57 stopped the use of Complete Themes last November, I stopped following Firefox changes.

Did make a quick theme for Firefox 57 though, just to demonstrate that it can still be done and how little Firefox had changed under the hood in 'Quantum' and that works in Firefox 60 even now - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14779279
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

I did not know that, it is a shame because you are a wealth of knowledge on this forum and I'm sure most come on here for FF issues. Thanks for you help