FF57 Broke Tab Height <Dead Space> .css Help

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jetspeedz

Re: FF57 Broke Tab Height <Dead Space> .css Help

Post by jetspeedz »

JonnyOne wrote:what appen when you drag left/right tabs?
When I move a tab left or right the top Menu bar is hidden and the entire portion shifts up. After I release the tab the menu bar drops back down and everything is normal. This is an odd behavior I can only attribute to the CSS changes clearly b/c this is not the case with a clean install of FF57. Make sense?
JonnyOne

Post by JonnyOne »

using my code, this is fixed
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Post your code and I will test it right now.

I would say more specifically does your code also retain the existing code and adds to it or modifies it differently to achieve the same outcome? I had some odd behavior when I combined part of my old FF56 code with what Frank posted so I had to pick and choose very carefully what I modified.

Cheers
JonnyOne

Post by JonnyOne »

jetspeedz wrote:Post your code and I will test it right now.
already done but seems that not was interesting
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

I just tested your code and it made No difference at all. Not sure what you think you solved but it is not the menu bar hiding when dragging tabs left or right. I'd love to give you credit but it didn't fix this issue.

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar > toolbarpaletteitem, #TabsToolbar > toolbarbutton {margin: unset !important;}
#TabsToolbar > toolbarpaletteitem .toolbarbutton-icon, #TabsToolbar > toolbarbutton .toolbarbutton-icon {height: 23px !important;}
#tabbrowser-tabs, #tabbrowser-tabs > .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox {min-height: 23px !important;}
.tabs-newtab-button .toolbarbutton-icon {width: 16px !important; height: 16px !important; padding: 1px !important;}
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

The size of the tab tool bar affects this problem unfortunately, I don't think there is a fix for this unless you use the default spacing. Any delta causes the menu bar to shit or hide completely depending on sizing. Someone smarter than me will likely figure it out but I don't think there is a simple fix.
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

I've been doing some testing and narrowed down what line of code is causing this behavior and it is the exact line needed to move tabs down unfortunately:

#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group : 90000 !important;
}
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jetspeedz wrote:I've been doing some testing and narrowed down what line of code is causing this behavior and it is the exact line needed to move tabs down unfortunately:

#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group : 90000 !important;
}
Yep, it's 'just' a bug. Ever since Firefox 4, the default Firefox UI has been over-complicated and poorly written. This makes it delicate and prone to breaking, as soon as you go near it.

But, even if you left the tabs at the top, the tab sliding will still mess up (probably whack Nav Bar then) just because of reducing tab height.

These are minor glitches and can be ignored, whereas big bugs of old, like the 'Dancing Tab Bar' could not.

Btw the correct -moz-box-ordinal-group number for Tabs on Bottom is actually 4 or 5. However, a larger number there doesn't harm anything.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Thanks for the confirmation Frank, good to know this is a bug, i'm done chasing this issue. It is annoying but I can live with this. I agree on the -mog-ordinal-group number, I changed it to various values from 0-10000000 and the higher value numbers made no difference.

Also sent JonnyOne a PM and he confirmed his tabs are at the top so the code he posted does not apply to the tabs being on the bottom and this bug.

Happy Thanksgiving
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Boy i hate to rehash this but I upgraded to 60.0.2 and now all of a sudden when I open new tabs the background is no longer black? Nothing has changed so I'm clueless why this happened. Any help is appreciated.

@-moz-document url("about:newtab") {
body { background-color: #000000 !important;}
}

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul");
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Frank I'm hoping you can chime in, I verified on a totally different PC this one with Win 7 x64 and it is behaving the same as the win 10 x64. No matter what color code I choose it does not change it is just white. I believe in FF60 they made some CSS change to the engine likely in quantum that is causing this, everything else in the css works fine.

If you think I should open a new thread I will
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jetspeedz wrote:Boy i hate to rehash this but I upgraded to 60.0.2 and now all of a sudden when I open new tabs the background is no longer black? Nothing has changed so I'm clueless why this happened. Any help is appreciated.

}

In the wrong file, I reckon. Try this in userContent.css -

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

body { background-color: red !important;}
}
Tested and works for me on Firefox 60.0.2 ESR.

New tab stuff used to come under UI coding (chrome), then 50/50% with content and for a good while now it's all coded in content.
Last edited by Frank Lion on June 22nd, 2018, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
firefox008

Post by firefox008 »

Has there been an ability to change the TAB HEIGHT YET?

I can change the TAB Width OK , but there are no ptopn to chnage the TAB HEIGHT.

Please post links or answers on how to change the TAB HEIGHT.

* I used a previous add on that allowed the tab height to be increased in firefox, due to the screen size, tabs where to thin to navigate through, tab height increase makes them easier to click onto.
JonnyOne

Post by JonnyOne »

firefox008 wrote:Has there been an ability to change the TAB HEIGHT YET?

I can change the TAB Width OK , but there are no ptopn to chnage the TAB HEIGHT.

Please post links or answers on how to change the TAB HEIGHT.

* I used a previous add on that allowed the tab height to be increased in firefox, due to the screen size, tabs where to thin to navigate through, tab height increase makes them easier to click onto.
this is what i have made. you can try it, and if you happy with modification, feel free to use it
https://userstyles.org/styles/151497/fi ... pact-style
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Frank Lion wrote:
jetspeedz wrote:Boy i hate to rehash this but I upgraded to 60.0.2 and now all of a sudden when I open new tabs the background is no longer black? Nothing has changed so I'm clueless why this happened. Any help is appreciated.

}

In the wrong file, I reckon. Try this in userContent.css -

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

body { background-color: red !important;}
}
Tested and works for me on Firefox 60.0.2 ESR.

New tab stuff used to come under UI coding (chrome), then 50/50% with content and for a good while now it's all coded in content.
Hi Frank,

It did not work for me. In fact I cleared everything in both userChrome &Content and just used your code above only in userContent and it was not red tabs.

Also when I was testing it with my existing code using "@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);" caused other changed to happen as well so it has some other side affects.

I tested this in both machines too