FF 57.0: automatically type in URL bar upon new tab opening

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SNOUPS4

FF 57.0: automatically type in URL bar upon new tab opening

Post by SNOUPS4 »

Hello,

I recently installed Firefox 57 and would like to know how to do (/what to write in chrome.css) so that whenever I open a new tab, without having to click anything, I could type directly into the URL bar.
Right now, if I start typing right after having opened a new tab, nothing happens (I set my new tab to a blank page), and I need to click the URL bar in order to be able to start typing things in it.

(1) Would someone please have a clue of how I could fix this?

(2) Other, unrelated, question: does someone have an URL for the old homepage of Firefox, which was a google search bar with some firefox logos?

Thank you very much in advance :D

(3) edit: I'm also interested if someone knows how to prevent tab headers to make everything in the top rows move up, whenever I voluntarily want to change their position by clicking on a header and dragging the it across the tab bar.
Last edited by SNOUPS4 on November 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jelong

Re: FF 57.0: automatically type in URL bar upon new tab open

Post by jelong »

SNOUPS4 wrote:Other, unrelated, question: does someone have an URL for the old homepage of Firefox, which was a google search bar with some firefox logos?

Thank you very much in advance :D
about:home
SNOUPS4

Post by SNOUPS4 »

Thank you,

so, my chrome.css is the following, how should I modify it ?

I know very little of coding, I copied/paste some bits I found online into the current css I use.

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

/* Bookmarks Bar fix */
#PersonalToolbar {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
}

#nav-bar{
  border-top-width: 0px !important;
}

/* Tabs On Bottom */
#TabsToolbar {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3;
}

/*URL bar width and height*/
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #urlbar-container 
{
    min-height:45px !important;
    }
SNOUPS4

Post by SNOUPS4 »

Nobody knows? :(
therube

Post by therube »

If your New Tab page is "blank", focus will be on the URL bar, so you can just "type away".
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
SNOUPS4

Post by SNOUPS4 »

therube wrote:If your New Tab page is "blank", focus will be on the URL bar, so you can just "type away".
Thank you!

How should I change my code so that the page which opens is a proper blank one?
I think it's the first lines, but I'm not sure what I should write instead of "@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul"); /* only needed once */" (I hadn't written this bit myself, I just found it on a page claiming it would open a white page, which it does... but just not a proper "blank" one like I'd need, apparently) :lol: