'Next' button in gmail doesn't redirect me

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
JPashev

'Next' button in gmail doesn't redirect me

Post by JPashev »

Hello there,

Recently, I've been unable to access my gmail account. The issue might be old, but I've tried everything so far - disabling all the add-ons, start Mozilla in Safe Mode etc. Nothing works. The only thing is that the Next button actually indicates a click, but it doesn't redirect me to enter my password. I can only type my email account, but all other buttons such as More options, Forgot email don't work. I also read that switching to a different question could help, but it didn't.

Can you please help me resolve this issue as I really need to access my gmail account?

If there is a topic on that matter, can you please share a link?

Thank you.
therube

Re: 'Next' button in gmail doesn't redirect me

Post by therube »

As a test, create a new, clean Profile.
Open gmail.
Does it work as expected?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
JPashev

Post by JPashev »

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately this doesn't work as well. When I try to create a new account, it tells me "Invalid Request".

Basically I can't do s**t and this is very frustrating. I tried this with other browsers (Chrome, Opera etc) and the problem persist. However, the only browser for which above doesn't apply is Internet Explorer.

Not to mention that I've been trying to find if I have a malware and viruses, but still nothing. I changed the preferences of my Control Panel as they should be, restarted Mozilla and the rest of the browsers and still same. Today I couldn't even load google.com and I don't know why.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.
therube

Post by therube »

What is the URL of the page you're trying to log in from?

What happens if you leave your username empty & hit Next?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
JPashev

Post by JPashev »

No worries, I've managed to log in.

Apparently, I had a malware which I have deleted, hopefully.

But I can answer your second question when I left my username empty and hit Next nothing happened. As for what was the URL I always use the following: gmail.com

For what was the URL after that I don't remember.

Thank you for probably wasting your time.