Would completely removing Firefox Rid the Error "Your Firef.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
victor6799

Would completely removing Firefox Rid the Error "Your Firef.

Post by victor6799 »

Would completely removing Firefox rid the error "Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or is inaccessible" ? By removing completely I mean uninstalling Firefox and deleting the Mozilla directory including the Profile directory. In my case the Profile directory (including all files) is there in its proper directory but for some reason I still get this error. Wouldn't deleting the Profile directory not fix this issue ? OF course reinstalling Firefox once completely removed.
Brummelchen

Re: Would completely removing Firefox Rid the Error "Your Fi

Post by Brummelchen »

its not the profile, its firefox.

check your link to firefox if it contains a parameter:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_arguments
victor6799

Post by victor6799 »

@Brummelchen thanks for the response. Do you mean check the "shortcuts" to Firefox because that is what I use mostly to start Firefox. The error message went away and then came back not sure why. I was playing around with the Firefox profile manager, when the error went away and then came back.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

victor6799 wrote:I was playing around with the Firefox profile manager, when the error went away and then came back.
See if you can start Firefox by clicking the executable in File Explorer (usually located in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox).

If you can't, then it's not a shortcut issue.
  1. Press Windows logo + R to bring up the Run box. Enter the following in it:

Code: Select all

%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
  2. While Firefox is closed, backup everything under that folder to a safe location, like the desktop.
  3. Run the profile manager. For each profile, click Delete Profile…, then Don't Delete Files. Click the Create Profile… button for however many profiles you had earlier. Give them different names than before.
  4. Back in the File Explorer window you opened initially, move the the contents of old the profiles into the newly-created ones.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

try windows in safe mode with network (msconfig.exe > start)

are you running kaspersky?
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Hit Windows key + R to open the Run command and then copy/paste %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\ and click OK.

Right click the profiles.ini and click Edit on the menu.

At the top it should read:

Code: Select all

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
Depending on how many profiles you have you should be able to see [Profile 0], [Profile 1] etc. Whichever one is the profile in use will have Default=1 written underneath it. If you can't see that anywhere, add it manually to the profile which is in use and then save it.