FF v. 56.0.2 vulnerability? (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bMonaLisa

FF v. 56.0.2 vulnerability? (Mac)

Post by bMonaLisa »

How vulnerable do I become if I remain on Firefox (mac) 56.0.2 for several months - instead of upgrading to 57.0 ?

I have a legacy extension.
Developer says he hopes to be able to make it compatible with v. 57 by beginning of next year.
However, I'd forgo that Extension if security is compromised by not getting further updates to v. 56

Would appreciate informed advice. Thanks....
Brummelchen

Re: FF v. 56.0.2 vulnerability?

Post by Brummelchen »

bMonaLisa

Post by bMonaLisa »

Thanks for link...
I did read it carefully
and then re-read it
and read it again...
Don't understand in pragmatic terms whether I leave myself open by not upgrading.
Looks like I probably do...but I guess no one can advise...depends on how I use browser (very basic...internet surfing on english and spanish sites).
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

bMonaLisa wrote:
Thanks for link...
I did read it carefully
and then re-read it
and read it again...
Don't understand in pragmatic terms whether I leave myself open by not upgrading.
Looks like I probably do...but I guess no one can advise...depends on how I use browser (very basic...internet surfing on english and spanish sites).
Those are known vulnerabilities that are patched in Fx57 and Fx-ESR 52.5. Yes you will leave your PC open to attack by continuing to use Fx56.

If you have legacy addons that do have updates for Firefox 57, then you benefit from upgrading to Fx57.

If you have legacy addons that are mission critical without an update for Fx57, its recommended to atleast move to the Extended Release 52.5.
elist74

Re: FF v. 56.0.2 vulnerability? (Mac)

Post by elist74 »

Also ff 57 gonna be vulnerable when ff 58 is out and when ff 59 is out , ff 58 gonna be vulnerable too.