Deleting Cookies And History On The Fly

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rusty09

Deleting Cookies And History On The Fly

Post by rusty09 »

Since AskForSanitize no longer works on the new FF platform, how do you folks go about clearing the entire cache of unwanted cookies, web pages, and history on the fly? (a one click operation)

CCleaner does that, but only if you close your browser first - which is unproductive.
Gingerbread Man

Re: Deleting Cookies And History On The Fly

Post by Gingerbread Man »

History button → Clear Recent History (Ctrl+Shift+Del) → Clear Now. It takes 3 clicks once you've checked the items you're interested in.

The Clear Browsing Data add-on gets you the one-click access you want. You must first configure it in its options page in the Add-ons Manager for that.
rusty09

Post by rusty09 »

Thank you very much, Gingerbread Man!

I had no idea that shortcut was available.

In using the keyboard shortcut, a box pops up asking me the same information that AskForSanitize did. I thought that box was a part of AskForSanitize, but apparently it is not?

For what it's worth, I installed the extension you linked to, too, and it works as advertised.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

You're welcome. You may be interested in the Keyboard shortcuts and Mouse shortcuts support articles.

Yes, the "Clear All History" dialog box is definitely a built-in part of Firefox.

I'm glad that add-on is working out for you.
therube

Post by therube »

Mouse shortcuts
Thanks for that.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript