Ads in scripts

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jhaber3

Ads in scripts

Post by jhaber3 »

My biggest regret hands down in the new Firefox is losing YeScript. There are some sites that now deluge me with intrusive ads, even with AdBlock Plus, that I'd used the add-on specifically to disable. (I don't care for NoScript's requiring whitelisting everyone else, but then it isn't yet available either.)

It may just come down to which browser has the worst intrusive ads. Chrome has its ads at top of Google search results (and I don't like how hit handles pdfs, printing, and some other things), but now Firefox has some real limits.
lovemyfoxy

Re: Ads in scripts

Post by lovemyfoxy »

How about if you remove ABP and install UblockOrigin? Many of us have switched over, and it uses less RAM.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

jhaber3

Post by jhaber3 »

Thanks. I'll explore further.
jhaber3

Post by jhaber3 »

I've gone ahead and added YesScript 2, but frankly it has me puzzled. I see the icon at upper right, but trying to apply it is hard. I have clicked so often that for all I know I've disabled half the Internet, and I still can't open a window to see options or to see what sites I've blocked. Help?
jhaber3

Post by jhaber3 »

I think I see now. There's no master list to view. You just cycle through three settings on a given page from the icon, and then can see when you come to a page where you left it. Limited, but works.