FF 57 and quirks with multiple running processes

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dzillag

FF 57 and quirks with multiple running processes

Post by dzillag »

Since I installed FF 57 (64-bit) on 11/17, I have noticed quirks that I'm attributing to multiple (six in my case) concurrent FF processes running (supporting, typically, 35+ tabs on my browser, not all of which have been made active by clicking into).

One is that if I'm composing a message in yahoo email, I will send it and have lots of drafts of the message left in my drafts folder. Pre-57, the only time I'd have a draft would be if I quit working on an email and went to something else. And then it would be one draft only, which if I sent it, would go away from the drafts folder.

The other is when watching youtube videos, the volume setting, if I change it, will not permanently hold until I change it again. Sometimes I can watch multiple videos in a row, and all of a sudden, the volume will change from one video to another (opened in a new tab).

Thoughts?
Last edited by dzillag on November 21st, 2017, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allande

Re: FF 57 and quirks with multiple running processes

Post by allande »

If you want to reduce the number of processes to see if it helps the about:config for it is
dom.ipc.processCount or dom.ipc.processCount.web
therube

Post by therube »

the volume setting
Clearing cookies, or similar?
Using Private Browsing?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dzillag

Post by dzillag »

therube wrote:
the volume setting
Clearing cookies, or similar?
Using Private Browsing?
This is in private browsing, yes. Pre-57, volume and autoplay settings would be maintained through the browsing session. In 57, they aren't maintained.