colors--under general appearance

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bob c

colors--under general appearance

Post by bob c »

this is the option under language and appearance. under FF ESR, it works right because of TMP. Under 57, no TMP and color setting I want are, to say the least, extremely bad. Here's why.

Every morning I visit a lot of news sites, sites like this FF site, forums that look like this FF site. They all have different post, (or news headings to articles), that lead to the post. I use blue for non-read, and red for visited or read.

So on a news front page you have

article

article
article
article

article

you get the jest of this--it's an easy way of keeping up on what I have alreay read or looked at, or as in this FF forum, what I want to come back to to read any additions to the post. All done by the links.

The problem is, (if you try this), the only way this works under the options, is by selecting the "always" show the color after selecting your color. Try it. Select the blue and red as I do, Go to FireFox forum page, (after selecting always show color), it totally destroys the page. This forum becomes way bad. Google news, any site structured like this becomes bad. The "Always" option is the only way also it works to show the link colors. But to me, the page is almost useless then.

Is there a work around to this, since TMP, is not available, because to me this is a bug, and does not work right. If they are going to write in the possibility to have link colors, it should not destroy the look of the page.

Last edited by bob c on November 23rd, 2017, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Re: colors--under general appearance

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Here's an example to add to userContent.css

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain("forums.mozillazine.org") {
  a:link { color: blue !important; }
  a:visited { color: midnightblue !important; }
  a:hover { color: blueviolet !important; }
  a:active { color: red !important; }
}
Maintain the LVHA order, but feel free to change the colors to whatever you like. To do the same for other sites, duplicate the above section, changing the domain name between the quotation marks.
You can also specify the same style for multiple sites, or for all web sites. In case of a conflict, the last style is what gets applied.

@-moz-document domain("forums.mozillazine.org"), domain("alsothisothersite.net") {
/* Style goes here */
}
@-moz-document url-prefix("http://"), url-prefix("https://") {
/* Style goes here */
}
bob c

Post by bob c »

Gingerbread Man wrote:Here's an example to add to userContent.css

@-moz-document domain("forums.mozillazine.org") {
  a:link { color: blue !important; }
  a:visited { color: midnightblue !important; }
  a:hover { color: blueviolet !important; }
  a:active { color: red !important; }
}
Maintain the LVHA order, but feel free to change the colors to whatever you like. To do the same for other sites, duplicate the above section, changing the domain name between the quotation marks.
You can also specify the same style for multiple sites, or for all web sites. In case of a conflict, the last style is what gets applied.

@-moz-document domain("forums.mozillazine.org"), domain("alsothisothersite.net") {
/* Style goes here */
}
@-moz-document url-prefix("http://"), url-prefix("https://") {
/* Style goes here */
}

WOW! outta sight. just perfect. every news-mozillazine forum-pool forum-DSL Reports-etc-etc., everything is just as if I had TMP on here. A big thanks. I visit my swim pool forum a lot, I mean a lot, also the news, this makes it tremendously easy to go back and single out post-threads. Thanks.