Settings for individual websites?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FrankSMS

Settings for individual websites?

Post by FrankSMS »

I noticed in Chrome that you can click the left side of the Address Bar and set things just for that particular website. This is a great feature when one website is acting weird and you need to compensate for that, usually by turning off images or javascript or something.

Is this possible to do in Firefox somehow? Setting by individual website? Hopefully that can be retained the next time you visit the site?
Happy112

Re: Settings for individual websites?

Post by Happy112 »

There are a lot of things you can set for particular websites :

When you're on one of those sites, click on the little 'i' in a circle (on the left side of the address bar) and then click on the little black arrow.

Click on 'More Information' and under the Permissions tab you will find many options .....

Also see :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/co ... ty-firefox
Suze

Post by Suze »

when I click on the "i" for this site>http://forums.mozillazine.org
It says connection not secure
Suze
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Suze wrote:when I click on the "i" for this site>http://forums.mozillazine.org
It says connection not secure
yes, that's right - but have you read what it says under that message ?
Nothing to worry about on this site - should anybody post private information here, a moderator will remove that.
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

> When you're on one of those sites, click on the little 'i' in a circle (on the left side of the address bar) and then click on the little black arrow. Click on 'More Information' and under the Permissions tab you will find many options .....

I don't understand. Maybe you haven't used Chrome and are unfamiliar with the long list of options available. Clicking the i give me nothing useful at all in Firefox. "Connection is not secure". Wow. I am overwhelmed with options. Where are Images, Javascript, Notifications, and a host of others offered by Chrome for individual sites?

Maybe somebody knows where they are lurking? Somewhere in the depths of about:config?
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

moz2u wrote:> Clicking the i give me nothing useful at all in Firefox. "Connection is not secure". Wow. I am overwhelmed with options. Where are Images, Javascript, Notifications, and a host of others offered by Chrome for individual sites?
In Firefox JavaScript is enabled by default.

As for 'Images' and 'Notifications' (and many more options) : would you please scroll down under 'Permissions' ?
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

moz2u wrote:Is this possible to do in Firefox somehow?
Right-click an empty area of the page and choose View Page Info, then Permissions.
Happy112 wrote:As for 'Images' and 'Notifications' (and many more options) : would you please scroll down under 'Permissions' ?
The doorhanger only lists non-default permissions.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Gingerbread Man wrote: The doorhanger only lists non-default permissions.
You have the choice to either check or uncheck the default permissions ......

Unless we're talking about different things here (?)
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

So why would they grant access to Permissions by right clicking on an empty area of any page, View Page Info, Permissions on an insecure page but grant more easy access on a secure page? Its just a couple more steps.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

moz2u wrote:So why would they grant access to Permissions by right clicking on an empty area of any page, View Page Info, Permissions on an insecure page but grant more easy access on a secure page? Its just a couple more steps.
There's no difference between Permissions on a secure page or an insecure page.
If you're on an insecure page where you want to post private information : don't click 'Allow' for those options.
But you're perfectly safe here on MoziilaZine should you post private information - like I said earlier :
if you do, a moderator will remove it.
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

I meant our access to it. If its not secure I have to right click the page, View Page Info, Permissions.
If its secure I can go through the address bar. Just don't understand why they make the distinction.
Too bad they didn't add Javascript to that page. Its the biggest cause of headaches online by far. And many websites can function without it. Its the first thing they should offer under Permissions!
Last edited by FrankSMS on November 24th, 2017, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

moz2u wrote: Too bad they didn't add Javascript to that page.
Like I said before :

In Firefox JavaScript is enabled be default ......
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

usually by turning off images or javascript or something.
is no longer available or allowed. maybe by extension.

- ublock, noscript, yesscript and similar.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Happy112 wrote:Unless we're talking about different things here (?)
The doorhanger panel is what you get when you click the icon on the left side of the location bar. Any permission that is at its default setting isn't listed there.
moz2u wrote:So why would they grant access to Permissions by right clicking on an empty area of any page, View Page Info, Permissions on an insecure page but grant more easy access on a secure page? Its just a couple more steps.
I don't know what you mean. There's no difference between the doorhanger or View Page Info - Permissions for secure versus regular sites.
Happy112 wrote:Nothing to worry about on this site
Nothing to worry about aside from your login information being sent over an insecure connection.
https://blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2016/01/ ... tp-please/
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

I couldn't care less about privacy here.
I'm happy that I can now control this. As for Javascript, I find it incredible that they elected not to include it. I would deem it more important than anything else on the page as it causes me by far the most grief. When a page works without Javascript it loads in about 10% of the normal time. Its just a dream browsing without JS.

I'll look for an extension that works with a keyboard shortcut. In the old Opera it was seamless. 1/2 a second and BAM. JS on or off. That's efficiency.