MozillaZine

Problem with "Session Manager" after v56 reinstall (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LeeU

Post Posted November 27th, 2017, 6:45 pm

I have been using Session Manager (SM) for years now. I recently upgraded Firefox from v56 to v57. After several days of trying to get it to work right, I uninstalled it and reinstalled v56. It created a new profile which included my previous saved sessions. I also added back SM v0.8.1.13. However, I am not able to access the sessions as the icon on the toolbar is grayed-out (but if I remove SM and just use the session manager in Tab Mix Plus, the icon is displayed and active -- though not showing my saved sessions from SM). It also does not appear on the Tool menu. The thread for SM here on the forums is locked but I have sent a note to the developer but have not received an answer - which I can understand, given the current situation with FF 57. I would really like to get this fixed.

https://imgur.com/a/P1IiD

I am not using Private Mode, and I did not check the box to not display SM in the Tools menu.

Anyone have a solution? [Note: I had submitted this on Reddit but didn't get any responses except to change to FF ESR, which I don't want to do.

Ubuntu 14.04, Firefox 56

Current Extensions
==================
AutocopySelection2Clipboard
Awesome Screenshot - Capture, Annotate & More
CanvasBlocker
Chrome Store Foxified
Clean Uninstall
Clear Flash Cookies
CoLT
Context Search
Copy On Select
Copy Plain Text 2
Decentraleyes
Disable Hello, Pocket & Reader+
Disconnect
DownThemAll!
Feedbro
GNOME Shell integration
Google search link fix
InFormEnter+
OneTab
Push to Kindle
S3.Translator
Save Button for Pinterest
Search image
Session Manager
Stylebot
Tab Mix Plus
Tampermonkey
TinEye Reverse Image Search
uBlock Origin
Web Developer
Web Developer Checklist
Zotero Connector
Last edited by DanRaisch on November 28th, 2017, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.

Return to Firefox Support