How to stop whole-screen-overlay-impossible-to-clickaway ads

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Nettkrawler

How to stop whole-screen-overlay-impossible-to-clickaway ads

Post by Nettkrawler »

Hi.

Unfortunately I doesn't know the correct English term for this, or I would have being able to google it myself.

I want to get rid of those really aggressive ads that appear as a layer over the website, and cover the whole web page. Especially on the notebookreview.com web site, there they have such ads that is just impossible to click away - unless you click on those (that ugly ting force the user to click on the ad and thereby taking the user to a web site you don't want to go to).

I have earlier had noscript installed, but it just takes so long time to manually entering all those white-list-js-addresses that is neccesary for pages to operates properly.

Is there an extension that prevents overlay ads to appear ?
therube

Re: How to stop whole-screen-overlay-impossible-to-clickaway

Post by therube »

I was thinking it would have been an overlay, but if I was understanding correctly, it looked like they were using a frame on that page?

Would an adblocker handle it?
Or a "zap" bookmarklet?

NukeAnythingEnhanced (extension) I would think would work - but not in 57 :evilgrin:.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

Nettkrawler wrote:Is there an extension that prevents overlay ads to appear ?
uBlock Origin nukes just about everything. Tested it on that site - NO overlays

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ck-origin/

Give it a try...
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Yep, not seeing anything there with uBlock Origin active, but if you don't want to go the whole advert-free route, then try Behind the Overlay Revival. I used the old one for years and was very pleased to see it's been ported for WE.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... y-revival/
Nettkrawler

SOLVED

Post by Nettkrawler »

Thanks for answering, will go try the suggested extensions.

[edit]
there is just not possible to add more characters in subject field on first post, so cannot set [solved] in front