Suze

Post Posted December 6th, 2017, 8:09 pm

how to stop a new web site from overiding my pinned tab

THANKS
Suze

eisneun

Post Posted December 6th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Ctrl+click, middle click, right click "Open Link in New Tab"
i don't know of a way to lock a pinned tab until and unless Tab Mix Plus gets updated to web extension.
How can ace be one and eleven? Huh?
What kind of god would allow that?

costark

Post Posted December 7th, 2017, 4:50 am

A "cousin" to this for me, at least, is IF the Search Window is used, the Clk Right Arrow Search Now approach Opens in the SAME Tab;
Hit ENTER, instead, to Search and it Opens in a NEW Tab.
Firefox 62.0.2 (64) - Win 7-64 Hm Prem - Hm-Stdnt '10 Ofce - ESET EIS - MBAM Prem 3 - SuperAS Pro - Macrium Reflect 7 - Diskeeper Pro 15- EPIM Mail - NO Java or Flash - i5 8G Quad Sandy Bridge G2

Suze

Post Posted December 10th, 2017, 3:26 pm

thanks costark that works
Suze

MarkRH

Post Posted December 11th, 2017, 2:10 am

As far as the search bar and bookmarks go to about:config and change the following to *true*:

browser.search.openintab
browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs

This will make bookmarks always open in a new tab and the search bar to open in a new tab as well. If typing something in the address bar, can press ALT-ENTER to make it open in a new tab.

costark

Post Posted December 11th, 2017, 9:46 am

MarkRH wrote:As far as the search bar and bookmarks go to about:config and change the following to *true*:

browser.search.openintab
browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs

This will make bookmarks always open in a new tab and the search bar to open in a new tab as well. If typing something in the address bar, can press ALT-ENTER to make it open in a new tab.

Search was already True per my post (Thnx Suze ) BUT Bookmarks is a really helpful mod;
Always Rt Clk'd .... Open in New Tab. Thanks!

You probably have this one, too / 50-Tab users won't want it / Few Tabs more so ...
Open New Tabs at End (saved from old article)
Normally, when you click on a link that opens in a new tab, the new tab will appear immediately after the current tab. I personally like it when the new tab opens at the end of all the tabs. If you prefer this also, then change the value to False....... browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent ...... True = Default value,... Set to False to load new tab at the end of all tabs
Firefox 62.0.2 (64) - Win 7-64 Hm Prem - Hm-Stdnt '10 Ofce - ESET EIS - MBAM Prem 3 - SuperAS Pro - Macrium Reflect 7 - Diskeeper Pro 15- EPIM Mail - NO Java or Flash - i5 8G Quad Sandy Bridge G2

Return to Firefox Support