Flashplayer is needed on some sites

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TDV

Flashplayer is needed on some sites

Post by TDV »

Before 57.0.2 theré was no problem playing some video on a website, that needed flashplayer.

How can I allow the use of flashplayer?

Thanks
dickvl

Re: Flashplayer is needed on some sites

Post by dickvl »

Do you see the Shockwave Flash plugin listed on the about:addons page under Plugins?

Firefox shows a Lego block icon in the location bar to indicate that the web page uses the Flash plugin.
You can click this Lego block icon to allow or block this plugin.
See also:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wh ... te-plugins
TDV

Post by TDV »

Thank you very much, found it, the stream works, but only the sound, no picture......???

(A littler further down on the page,. I have another question about pop up blocking, i case you know about pop ups too. Ff is blocking some that I need and in spite of whitelisting, they remain blocked)

Thanks, TDV
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I suggest that you restart Firefox in safe-mode to rule out various aspects of it.... see if the same thing happens... then post back.

Never mind... I see you over here...
Pop Ups blocking and whitelisting • mozillaZine Forums
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
TDV

Post by TDV »

dfoulkes wrote:I suggest that you restart Firefox in safe-mode to rule out various aspects of it.... see if the same thing happens... then post back.

Never mind... I see you over here...
Pop Ups blocking and whitelisting • mozillaZine Forums
In case you are wondering: Clicking on the link you provide results in a new tab falshing up for half a second and closing again.

Rightclicking the mouse on your link (or any other link on a webpage) and then in the contextmenu clicking on "Open in a new tab" also does NOT work in safe mode.
It works fine on the desktop, as it did before the update, ONLY in Ff 57 it does not
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You allow pop-ups from a specific domain, likely the domain of the URL you see in the location/address bar.
If that isn't working then you may need to make an allow exception for another domain.
You can text that by allowing pop-ups globally to see what opens.