auto fill deletions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jfha

auto fill deletions

Post by jfha »

Firefox's instructions on deleting auto fill entries say to go to the form box and press an arrow key (the instructions use a specific arrow symbol) - but I have pressed every arrow on my keyboard to no effect. Can somebody please answer this stupid question? What arrow key do they mean>

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/co ... rm-entries
allande

Re: auto fill deletions

Post by allande »

Click the form field then it is the down arrow. Not all pages will have form fill information saved - also check for any extensions related to password saving. Some users will have the built in firefox feature test of form fill enabled and some will not - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Features/Form_Autofill
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That article shows a down arrow so it means the down arrow key.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

It should be the down arrow key. If there are no saved entries, nothing will appear to happen.

In Options -> Privacy and Security, if you set Firefox to "Use custom settings for history" in the history section, you can auto clear those entries on close by checking "Clear history when Firefox closes" and then hit the settings button and turn on "Form and Search History". Uncheck anything you don't want deleted on exit.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.