FF no data in window.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rgh43

FF no data in window.

Post by rgh43 »

Today FF is black inside of the Window. No tool bar no nothing but the top right had 3 items as usual with that any windows
window has. Since FF is my default when I open Facebook with my special icon using FF Facebook inside the window is black also, I can get to FB with IE or Gooogle. I made Google my default browser & now when you open FF it is still black but in the center I have a window with the words "Default Browser" inside the box, there is an X in the upper right to close that box. No doubt trying to tell me it isn't the Default browser anymore. Never had this one B/4, has anyone else.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: FF no data in window.

Post by malliz »

did you try Firefox safe mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
rgh43

Post by rgh43 »

Actually I had re-started it a few times but for whatever reason just after Ii posted I started it again and it came up correctly????? One of those who knows. You wee quicker than I in replying.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

If this happens again, my guess would be it's caused by hardware acceleration. If it does happen again, restart in safe mode to see, and if things work right, go to Options -> General, Performance. Uncheck "Use recommended performance settings" and then uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available", which will show up when you uncheck the recommended performance checkbox. Close and restart Firefox normally. Some people report they must restart the computer to have hardware acceleration in Firefox turn off.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.