Sorry. We’re having trouble getting your pages back

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
judgesinel

Sorry. We’re having trouble getting your pages back

Post by judgesinel »

This is so annoying, every time I open Firefox I get this "Sorry. We’re having trouble getting your pages back" why am I getting this after the recent upgrade? No solution is available and I can see this is an OLD problem with many others having this problem. The one "fix" I found is no fix at all. PLEASE a solution!
Vitesse

Re: Sorry. We’re having trouble getting your pages back

Post by Vitesse »

Sounds like you may have an extension which isn't shutting down properly when you close Firefox. So Firefox thinks it has crashed and tries to recover your previous session, which probably no longer exists in its memory.

To check if that's the case, try opening Windows Task Manager before closing Firefox. Close Firefox and watch Task Manager to see if there's still a Firefox process running after Firefox has seemingly closed.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi judgesinel,
Don't be surprised if you see more than one Firefox.exe process in Task Manager.
v57 has a default of 4 processes.
Go to, Tools > Options > General > Performance & UN check "Use recommended performance settings."
Click the "Learn More" button to........errr, learn more. :)

Here you can select "Your Content Process limit" if you are running a "fast/er" M/C.
I'd suggest you leave it at the default of 4.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Shadoefax

Post by Shadoefax »

If you're using a Fx version prior to v57, you may want to try my FECT extension to help find the add-on that may be causing the problem.
All my signatures are stolen from other people. Including this one.
Homepage
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

The OP may be ill or otherwise engaged, for he/she hasn't replied in this thread either :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1196211