Firefox storing cookies somewhere, not deleting them

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
squares

Firefox storing cookies somewhere, not deleting them

Post by squares »

firefox 57.0.3.
In CCleaner I look at options>cookies, and see a long list of them. Some for sites that haven't been to in over a year. Firefox has always been set to not accept 3rd party cookies, and except for allowed cookies, keep for session only. Show cookies shows only 5, the ones on allowed list.

CCleaner can't seem to delete these cookies. they appear to delete, but when refreshing the list, they are back. Firefox icon appears on bottom of window for each cookie indicating that they from firefox.

In CCleaner multimedia setting, adobe flash is checked, so that should take care of flash cookies. Besides, until v 57, when Firefox trashed most of my addons, I had an addon to not permit flash cookies.

I have gone into profiles and made sure all were deleted except 'default' and the currently used profile.

Where are these cookies stored? Why are they there at all? Why won't they delete?
RobertJ

Re: Firefox storing cookies somewhere, not deleting them

Post by RobertJ »

CCleaner is known to cause issues with Firefox and its results are not reliable.

The cookies are not still there; they are only in the CCleaner memory. CCleaner is crap-ware.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Brummelchen

Re: Firefox storing cookies somewhere, not deleting them

Post by Brummelchen »

In CCleaner I look at options>cookies, and see a long list of them
ccleaner is showing BS. i never investigated if that are possible cookies or cookies some had in the past. or maybe cookies all over the system (IE, chrome, firefox, other) when found.

important and for real is, what firefox is showing you!

btw untick every option in ccleaner concerning firefox (or chrome, if present). i hear upcoming voices "never had a problem" - rubbish, trust those who knows best from experience and insider knowledge!