Cannot play Video's from facebook and Twitter

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
marcenada

Cannot play Video's from facebook and Twitter

Post by marcenada »

Hoi there, at first a very happy newjear.
At second i like to say sorry voor my poor English but i try to do my best to ask my question.
Why cant i play little video's from the internet , these are put on via facebook and twitter on the internet
Do i need another plug-in and so yes where can i find the plug-in.
James

Re: Cannot play Video's from facebook and Twitter

Post by James »

It appears you are in the Netherlands so you may likely have the N edition of Windows 7.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -n-edition

The videos on Facebook and Twitter is using the HTML5 player in Firefox and not the Flash Plugin from Adobe.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... ox-windows

You may not have the Media Feature Pack installed for the needed codecs so the HTML5 player may not work on some videos.

You can test at https://www.youtube.com/html5/ as all checks marks should ideally be blue and no reds.
marcenada

Post by marcenada »

Hoi James
thanx for the answer but it is for me not the solution
I did the test and everything is blue and nothing is red.
I tried to download the codecs but they are already installed on my computer.
I hope someone has another solution for this problem
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Since you ended up with 'everything' in blue...then the normal thing to try next is to restart Firefox in safe-mode. Maybe an extension (or other stuff) is causing the issue. Please post back here with your results. Visit those links while in safe-mode....

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Post by therube »

these are put on via facebook and twitter on the internet
URLs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Twitter videos embedded on other websites may not work due to CSP violation errors.
The Web Console will show a security error message in such a case.
You check if there is a link to open the video on the Twitter website.

Right-click the media player to check the video link in "View Page Info to see if this is about content hosted on Twitter.
I don't know if this is the same for Facebook.

If this is about CSP (Content-Security-Policy) then a possible workaround is to disable CSP temporarily when you need to bypass this policy restriction by toggling a pref on the about:config page.
security.csp.enable = false
CSP is a security feature and you should re-enable CSP once you are done with the website.

https://developer.mozilla.org/Security/CSP
marcenada

Post by marcenada »

Thanxxxxxxxxx
The solution was to go to the config page and set security.csp.enable from true to false
Thanx everybody for the help