Firefox asks users to *set* Master Password at every start

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Libbav

Firefox asks users to *set* Master Password at every start

Post by Libbav »

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you may be able to help me and my colleagues out with a tricky situation. I haven't been able to find a solution to this in any previous posts, which might not be at all surprising for a simple reason that's coming up:

We are using Firefox 24.8.1 at work.
I know, I know... please don't ask, suffice to say it's necessary as a workaround because of a specific piece of software we depend on. We don't like it either, but that's the way we have to do it.

For a while now, every time we start up Firefox, it prompts us to *set* a Master Password.
We haven't been using the Master Password function before and were not planning on it, in fact, it's not checked in the security settings.
We're also prompted to set this password each time we access a site that requires a (non-Master) password.

We have no admin privileges on our work computers, they were set up by our IT guys, but they have not been able to resolve this. As far as I could figure out though, we are not using Sync and while there is an add-on to manage multiple profiles, the prompt still came up after I disabled it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox asks users to *set* Master Password at every sta

Post by DanRaisch »

See if this article is helpful -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password
dickvl

Re: Firefox asks users to *set* Master Password at every sta

Post by dickvl »

Are you using Sync in case that makes a difference?

Can you post a screenshot?