Auto-expand the Folders/Tags areas when adding bookmark

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tx_trainwreck

Auto-expand the Folders/Tags areas when adding bookmark

Post by tx_trainwreck »

[FF 57.0.4]
When I click on the 'Bookmark This Page' star button in the location bar, the 'Page Bookmarked' dialog appears. My problem is that the Folders and Tags fields are always collapsed.
1. Is there a way to keep both of them expanded so that I don't have to click on the 'Show all...' icon each time?
2. Once the Folders are expanded, it's still quite small. It only shows about 6 lines/folders so I have to scroll down a lot for some situations. Is it possible to expand that window/list of the folders so that it's bigger?

Thanks!
Reflective

Re: Auto-expand the Folders/Tags areas when adding bookmark

Post by Reflective »

Why not just click the down arrow to the right of "Other Bookmarks" which appears when you click the star and then save it to a folder of your choice?
tx_trainwreck

Post by tx_trainwreck »

I do... every single time. I'd like for it to remember that I've clicked on it so that they are _always_ expanded.
tx_trainwreck

Post by tx_trainwreck »

I've tried the following but it's not working. Any ideas to get the folder structure to always show up?

Code: Select all

/* expand the Page Bookmarked Panel */
#editBookmarkPanel #editBMPanel_rows > row[collapsed="false"] { visibility: visible !important; }
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Those areas aren't populated until you show them interactively. I don't think there is a CSS hack for this.