uBlock Origin filtersets do not update

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Gopher John

Re: uBlock Origin filtersets do not update

Post by Gopher John »

gorhill wrote:
Gopher John wrote:"Accept cookies from websites" is also unchecked. I do accept cookies from some sites.
You can create an exception for uBO as well: see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3034189.
I changed all profiles to "Remember history" from "Use custom settings for history" which allows the user to only accept cookies from selected sites. With Firefox 56 and before WebEx extensions the former settings all worked and uBlock Origin updated the filtersets correctly. Changing to "Remember history" allows proper updating of the filtersets.

Will there be an update of uBlock Origin to correct this problem, or is it strictly a Firefox 57.x issue? On following the link above, there are other extensions with the same problem concerning indexedDB storage. I would like to be able to control which sites are allowed to set cookies.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

no general firefox or uBlock problem, try a new profile or disable/uninstall questionable installed security software.
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

The uBlock problem has been negated. There is a flaw in Firefox 57.x and uBlock Origin concerning indexedDB storage. Read the bug reports in the link provided above by gorhill. [url]http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3034189[/url

The filtersets now update correctly. I have to accept cookies for that to work.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
Slickone

Post by Slickone »

I'm having a problem updating filters too but I'm using a fresh install of Pale Moon Portable 26.5.0, and uBlock Origin 1.15.11b6, with no other add-ons, but no filters update. The circles just spin forever. And it's not blocking anything.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You might try asking this on the PaleMoon forums. (Yes, there is a thread about the extension here but you're not using Firefox.)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

current is b9, b6 was canceled.