FF57.0.4/Windows 7: Twitter browser notifications

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

FF57.0.4/Windows 7: Twitter browser notifications

Post by 8662 »

Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit)

Windows 7, (Service Pack 1)

According to Twitter's help center:
A web notification is a pop-up that appears within your web browser to notify you about what’s happening on Twitter when you’re on twitter.com and logged in to your account. If you’re using Chrome or Firefox you can also turn on browser notifications, which enables you to receive notifications as they happen, regardless of whether you’re on twitter.com.
However, when I enter Twitter's web notifications settings, I get the following message:
Browser notifications are unsupported

This browser doesn't support web notifications.
I've done some research, and found a post on the Mozilla support forums suggesting I change my settings for popups and notifications. I've manually set to allow Twitter (http and https domains) for both of those, but I still get the same message from the settings page.

Any ideas? Do Twitter browser notifications work for anyone else?
MarkRH

Re: FF57.0.4/Windows 7: Twitter browser notifications

Post by MarkRH »

Go to about:config and check the settings of:

dom.webnotifications.serviceworker.enabled
dom.webnotifications.enabled

These will both need to be set to true for them to work. If I set the first one to false, I get that error on Twitter. I have the second one set to false since I don't want them on.

Re: FF57.0.4/Windows 7: Twitter browser notifications

Post by 8662 »

MarkRH wrote:Go to about:config and check the settings of:

dom.webnotifications.serviceworker.enabled
dom.webnotifications.enabled

These will both need to be set to true for them to work. If I set the first one to false, I get that error on Twitter. I have the second one set to false since I don't want them on.
Here's what those settings look like: