anti phishing plugin source code

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kpsajish

anti phishing plugin source code

Post by kpsajish »

Hai friends,

I am a M.tech student in kerala, India. For my project, i need the anti-phishing plugin source code. So can anyone help me.please...
the-edmeister

Re: anti phishing plugin source code

Post by the-edmeister »

Mozilla doesn't create plugins for Firefox, and most plugins aren't open source, so the code isn't readily available for viewing. If you could be more specific as to which "anti-phishing plugin" you are referring to someone here might have a better answer.

Mozilla Developer Network documentation is here:https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/
Is that what you are looking for?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
therube

Post by therube »

(If this plugin is an extension, you can certainly examine it code, even if it may not be "source code" per say.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
kpsajish

Post by kpsajish »

Actually I want to know, what are the features can take to detect the phishing URLs. The features are like, Presence of IP address instead of the domain name , Lengthy URL, No. of subdomains, etc. I think, from the plugin source code , some ideas will get , am i right?. or can anyone give the some idea? please
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

First check I would make is if the displayed text for the link includes one URL but the actual link code goes to a different link.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers