Firefox Bookmark organization: Does understand this?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FrankSMS

Firefox Bookmark organization: Does understand this?

Post by FrankSMS »

Somehow my entire bookmark collection was copied to one of my folders.
So in that folder I see:

All Bookmarks
Bookmarks Menu
Other Bookmarks

Each is a copy of the original.
I preceded to check for differences and delete them folder by folder. I noticed when I deleted a duplicated folder the original was deleted! Huh? Anybody had this happen? How can I fix this? How can I retrieve deleted folders in Firefox? I see no Trash anywhere in the Bookmarks Manager.

Has anyone thought of using a spreadsheet program for organizing bookmarks? I'm experimenting with a text based system but it would be much better to have everything on the same page so to speak instead of the last level being where the actual bookmarks are. I know nothing about spreadsheet programs but it seems to be a useful tool for this type of organization and sorting. I want my bookmarks in a program not encumbered by a particular browser, to work completely independently. Most separate bookmark programs seem to have an allegiance to either Firefox or Chrome. This is very limiting as we have no idea what products we may prefer in the future. What is needed is a program that will hyperlink to any browser that is set as the default browser. Another idea: A File Manager with folder titles that can hyperlink and that can be renamed. So much to learn, so much to organize.
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox Bookmark organization: Does understand this?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Duplicate, locking. Continue the discussion here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3037390
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)