After Netflix use; No FF "Never Remember History" !!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
9TanLup3

After Netflix use; No FF "Never Remember History" !!

Post by 9TanLup3 »

Jan 14, 2018; FF 57

After Netflix use, can no longer change FF back to "Never Remeber History". Netflix controls my CPU; keeps FF History at "Custom Settings".
Even if clear Cashe, etc...
Don't like that!

Deletion of FF & a clear reinstall still has same Netflix Control over your CPU !

No Privacy with FF anymore when Netflix is used ??

How to get a fresh clean FF install ??
How to remove Netflix mods to my CPU ?
( on Mac or Win !! )
DanRaisch

Re: After Netflix use; No FF "Never Remember History" !!

Post by DanRaisch »

It's rather doubtful that any of that is due to visiting Netflix.

When you speak of a "clear reinstall" did you delete the original profile or just the program itself?
Do you have the same problem if you create a new profile? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
Have you tested just opening Netflix.com in a Private Window?
9TanLup3

Post by 9TanLup3 »

DanRaisch wrote:It's rather doubtful that any of that is due to visiting Netflix.

When you speak of a "clear reinstall" did you delete the original profile or just the program itself?
Do you have the same problem if you create a new profile? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manag ... Manager</a><!-- m -->
Have you tested just opening Netflix.com in a Private Window?
As of Jan 14, 2018 or earlier, Netflix appears to have a new user agreement, & requires the installation and modification of FireFox.
By agreeing to use Netflix, it altered FF 57.0.4 and changed the implementation of FF history, and possibly other things not yet determined.
Netflix on my CPU has been irrevocably altered, and I no longer have control of history in FF 57.0.4 .

As far as I understand, removal of FF, on an Apple Mac, was done by deletion of the FF from the Applications Folder, deletion from the Dock, and deletion of the FF image; and then emptying the Trash.
FF then no longer ran no my computer, as tested and expected.
A new download of a fresh FF set up the history as " use custom settings for history" with No way to alter the history selection, even while Not using Netflix.
Multiple changes of FF History to "Never Remember History" were attempted, with it, each time, always automatically reverting back to "Use custom settings for history", and Not allowing "Never Remember History" to be done.

Something funny is happening that never happened before with FF & Netflix !!
Netflix is definitely the culprit !
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

9TanLup3 wrote:As far as I understand, removal of FF, on an Apple Mac, was done by deletion of the FF from the Applications Folder, deletion from the Dock, and deletion of the FF image; and then emptying the Trash.
Wrong! As Dan noted you need to delete the FF profile.
9TanLup3 wrote:Netflix is definitely the culprit !
Again you are wrong.

I'm on a Mac and can watch Netflix using Firefox, Chrome or Safari and long as I log in to Netflix. There is no requirement in the Netflix user agreement to use any specific browser; all "popular" browsers work.

Most of what you are saying makes no sense and Netflix DEFINITELY HAS NO IMPACT on Firefox settings.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

As of Jan 14, 2018 or earlier, Netflix appears to have a new user agreement, & requires the installation and modification of FireFox.
Not true at all. On a Win 10 system I just logged Netflix through MS Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox 55.0.3. I've also viewed Netlix content today on a Sony BluRay player that uses a version of the Android OS. A comparison of the backup copy of the Firefox profile from two weeks ago shows the same privacy/history options are still in place. Looks like you have bad information on this topic.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

An actual quote from the Netfix user agreement supporting your claim would go a long way in supporting your complaint.

Here's a link to their Term Of Service agreement (from a google search): https://help.netflix.com/legal/termsofuse

When I do a search for firefox in this document I come up empty.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Possible similar but not the same as the OP was not asked for any information. Still, it definitely sounds like some sort of scam/spam.