Bookmark folders opening in reverse order???

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Bookmark folders opening in reverse order???

Post by Flycaster »

Just migrated to FF 57 and I'm in the process of trying to make its UI function as it did for FF 56. Good thing I'm retried and have the time...

I have a Bookmark tab called Groups. Within it are various folders containing specific web sites. The sites within each folder are listed alphabetically. When selecting a folder, the folder opens with the last site's tab being the first to open and the first site's tab is the last one to open. As far as I can tell, this is not correct as with all previous versions of FF, these folders would open with the tab of the first site and then down to the last site. Bottom line, the folders are opening in reverse order and I would like to have them open in the order in which they are ordered with their bookmark folder.
Last edited by Flycaster on January 16th, 2018, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
RobertJ

Re: Benchmark folders opening in reverse order???

Post by RobertJ »

Flycaster wrote:The sites within each folder are listed alphabetically. When selecting a folder, the folder opens with the last site's tab being the first to open and the first site's tab is the last one to open.

Does not work like that for me with FF57.0.4. First site in folder is first to open, second is second, ....

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Flycaster

Re: Benchmark folders opening in reverse order???

Post by Flycaster »

RobertJ wrote:...Does not work like that for me with FF57.0.4. First site in folder is first to open, second is second, .....
Yeah, that's the way it should work. I now remember that a similar error occurred with a previous FF update. Never got a solution to that problem, but interestingly this is what happened. I rearranged the list to with the last site first (eg, Z to A.) Then when opening the folder, tabs came out A to Z. However, within a short period of time, the problem corrected itself and I had to rearrange the order back to A to Z. Never figured out what had happened, nor was there a real solution???
dickvl

Re: Bookmark folders opening in reverse order???

Post by dickvl »

Does is make a difference when you toggle this pref on the about:config page?
browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent
Flycaster

Re: Bookmark folders opening in reverse order???

Post by Flycaster »

Doesn't make any difference