Can't DL Youtube Vids Using VideoDownloadHelper (Unsolved)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
therube

Re: Can't Download Youtube Vids Using VideoDownloadHelper

Post by therube »

Re: SUPER
WARNING! The installation contains tons of bundleware and annoying addons.
Re: Any
Freeware but ad-supported installation. Be careful when installing it to avoid unwanted addons!

(SUPER has a much stronger warning.)
(Anyhow, IMO, there should, generally, never be any reason to "convert" a video from one format to another. Simply use a player that supports the downloaded format. [If a particular device doesn't support a particular format, that's different.])
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
skeezix

Post by skeezix »

Last night I turned the computer off, this morning I turned it back on. Went to YouTube and like before, the VDH icon was greyed out. So I'm back to where I started.

I downloaded and installed 1-Click YouTube Video Downloader. Now in the YouTube site I can see a red Download button below the video screen, and when I move my cursor over that button the little down-pointing arrow to the left of the word "Download" moves. When I click on the button, a video downloads. There is no progress indication though. Oh well, I'll see how things go.
skeezix

Post by skeezix »

I installed VDH on a Win 7 laptop. The laptop has an AdBlockPlus extension in Firefox 57.0.4 but no other extensions. It seems to work just fine there, so it must be something to do with my Win 10 computer. (I thought that Firefox 57.0.4 would not run in Windows 7 64-bit but I guess I was mistaken.) I need to do some more research here...
skeezix

Post by skeezix »

Out of desperation, I deleted VDH from my computer and installed VDH version 7.1.0.

Now I can download from YouTube. Shoulda done that right up front.

Shoulda-woulda-coulda