about alt+mousewheel shortcut...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
papu

about alt+mousewheel shortcut...

Post by papu »

hi,
in ff58 i see that the shift+mousewheel(up or down) that i had using to navigate back or next page , has changed to alt+mousewheel ...
but i use the hidden firefox menu option, and when you push alt,it is showing again(like always) , now every time i go to back or next page menu is showing and hidden this is so annoying
whats the point to use a keyboard key that already have a function?

may be this only happens to me, or it is oficial change? [-X
Last edited by papu on January 27th, 2018, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: about alt+mousewheel shortcut...

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
papu

Post by papu »

yes in 3 diferents s.o, is just that ALT(left) button , has the utility of showing the hidden menu, then any time you navigate to back or next page, with new shotcut ALT(left)+ mousewheelp(up/down), happen this . For me is extrange that mozilla have changed this when ALT(lelf) already has a function in firefox .

Ok seems that is showing menu when alt(left) + mousewheel (down) to navigate to back page (and leave the alt button) but when navigate to next ( and leave) its working ok, then may be is a bub afects only to a direction

On the other hand old SHIFT(left)+ mousewheel(up/down) was more confortable too. :-"

sorry for my bad english , i hope you undestand that i want to explain for testing yourself
Last edited by papu on January 27th, 2018, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
atlanto

Post by atlanto »

The key bindings were changed with 143038 - Horizontal Scrolling with Mouse wheel+ modifier key.
You may be able to get back former key bindings by settings of
mousewheel.with_alt.action=1
mousewheel.with_shift.action=2
in about:config.

fyi,
0: Nothing happens
1: Scrolling contents
2: Go back or go forward, in your history
3: Zoom in or out.
4: Treat vertical wheel as horizontal scroll
papu

Post by papu »

o thanks so much, then was changed, that's do the trick

user.js:

Code: Select all

user_pref("mousewheel.with_shift.action", 2);
user_pref("mousewheel.with_alt.action", 4);
how i said before i think alt(left) + mousewheel (down) have a bad behabiour, because it show hidden menu when you release the key.

=D>
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

atlanto wrote:The key bindings were changed with 143038 - Horizontal Scrolling with Mouse wheel+ modifier key

Only took Mozilla 16 years to fix that Bug!! I guess Users need to be reeeeeal patient to get some Bugs fixed or new features added. Hell, I was using a dual-scrollwheel mouse back in Aug 2002 when I first used Phoenix and discovered that the horizontal scrollwheel didn't work, although it worked in IE and all other MS programs of that era, along with about half of the 3rd party programs I had installed back then.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.