How to disable all Notifications?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FrankSMS

How to disable all Notifications?

Post by FrankSMS »

How many times each day do most of us have to decline the constant requests for websites to send us their garbage? For most, its a lot and we always say NO. Is there a way of disabling this from ever happening with all websites? I realize you can disable it for them individually but that's not a solution in this situation. We need it blanket wide.
Brummelchen

Re: How to disable all Notifications?

Post by Brummelchen »

be more specific - what website, which data?
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

All websites.
Usually they ask if they get your location. But there are other questions too. I just want to disable as many as possible. Like 99.99% of most internet users. :)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

my firefox dont ask me about location. maybe it helps you out when investigating into the "geo" tag when opening about:config.

geo.enabled;false
geo.wifi.uri; <-- means empty

please also read user,js from here
https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

but i see, there is a setting in the privacy section of firefox settings for location, camera, mike aso.
by default all is "ask" and empty list. you should have a look into.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Coming soon, you will have the ability to block new location requests, camera, microphone and "notifications", which are probably things like Gmail telling you there's a new message or something similar. Anywho, I think this will be in Fx 59. When it does come, look at Options -> Privacy and Security, Permissions. You'll click the Settings button next to each request type, and there will be a checkbox for something like "block all new requests".
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

For location requests, go to about:config and set geo.enabled to false. For push notifications, like Tweedeck wants to do, set dom.webnotifications.enabled to false.
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

Great suggestions everybody. Makes sense to cut off the geolocator right from the start. Thank you.