Status bar in Quantum???

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
yinyong

Status bar in Quantum???

Post by yinyong »

I don' t see the Status (lower) bar in FF Quantum? Is there anyway to get it back? Please Help!
LIMPET235

Re: Status bar in Quantum???

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
yinyong

Post by yinyong »

Thanks Limpet235, then I should reinstall FF Q? I didn't see any option when I installed (or better upgrade from FF 56...). What can I do now?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Do you see the URL's of content that is being loaded to fill in the web page in the lower-left corner of the browser window?
And once the web page is completely loaded that display goes away / is hidden agian.

That's the limit of the "status bar" now - seen temporarily as webpages are being loaded. Not sure if someone has come up with an extension to have that show all the time and to add an element or two to it.

With Firefox 4.0 the "Status Bar" was replaced with an "Addons Bar", then that "Addon Bar" disappeared with Firefox 29 Australis; meanwhile there were extensions available for a "retro" look Status Bar, like Status-4-Evar and others thru Firefox 4.0 all the way up thru Firefox 56. That concept is dead with Quantum as almost all the internal code for "building a status bar display" is gone; 3 miniscule elements remain available - not enough for a real "statusbar" to be created via an extension, userChrome.css code is about the only way to modify those 3 elements now and have them always be showing and not be hidden when the elements are being actively used .

IMO, too many users had an extension installed for many years to provide the "Status Bar" created by an extension/s without realizing that Mozilla removed the original "Status Bar" almost 7 years ago in lieu of the Addon Bar in Firefox 4.0 -- March 11, 2011 released.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
yinyong

Post by yinyong »

Well, I have re-installed firefox Quantum 58.0.1 with CUSTOM install as Limpet235 suggested and there is no option for the status bar so after iniciate the program it doesn't show up! Besides that, in the "customization" panel it doesn't exist either. In the "Toolbars" menu there are only two options: 1) Menu bar and 2) Favorites tool bar.
As for the-edmeister said about I don't see nothing in the lower left corner of the browser windows... Is this a lost battle? :-(
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

As for the-edmeister said about I don't see nothing in the lower left corner of the browser windows... Is this a lost battle?
If you hover the cursor over a link on a web page, you should see the full URL for that link displayed at the lower left hand corner of the Firefox window.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Example: when I hover over "yinyong" name, the profile link shows at the bottom, like this:

yinyong

Post by yinyong »

Yes, I see that, but that's not the Status Bar!!!!! :-(
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

:-k Can you read ? ^^^^^^
'It's passed on. This Status Bar is no more!
It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker.
This is a late Status Bar. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the taskbar it would be pushing up the daisies.
It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-Status Bar'
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
TrueFalcon

Post by TrueFalcon »

Change happens! :lol:
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

yinyong wrote:Well, I have re-installed firefox Quantum 58.0.1 with CUSTOM install as Limpet235 suggested......</snip>
Well, just to clarify this quote & the reference to the "Custom" install...
All that, is in my Signature & not really a direction, just a general suggestion, mainly for safety reasons.
You never know exactly what you're getting, just clicking through those installation boxes.

O.K.?

&, As everyone has mentioned, the Status Bar is long gone & never to return.

Best I can offer is an extension that shows page/site loading if you want that feature?
Displays a (your choice of colors & widths), underneath the Bookmarks Toolbar.
It's called "Load Progress Bar 0.6.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... gress-bar/

Oh BTW, check this free program, as it may come in handy...
> https://downloads.pcauthority.com.au/ar ... 8-unchecky
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
yinyong

Post by yinyong »

mightyglydd wrote::-k Can you read ? ^^^^^^
'It's passed on. This Status Bar is no more!
It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker.
This is a late Status Bar. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the taskbar it would be pushing up the daisies.
It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-Status Bar'
Ok RIP Status bar... it's dead... Long life to SB!!!! :shock:
yinyong

Post by yinyong »

Thanks again Limpet, I'll try what you suggest!
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

Ok RIP Status bar...
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~