User Help for Mozilla Firefox
videobruce

FF opens to a blank page instead of the home page

Post by videobruce »

FF v56 portable
Classic Theme restorer
Tab Mix Plus
Clean install.

I set a working address for the home page. But, FF keeps opening to a blank page.
Troubleshooting, I disabled TMP that I have used in the past with no problem and the page does open. I am using FF Session Mgr., I tried using TMP SM, but the same result either way.
TMP is set to open on the home page also.
I set FF back to default fore the open page and that works. Then set it to the site I want, but the same thing.

It's obviously a TMP issue, but I can't figure out why as I used this before. Ideas??
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
videobruce

Re: FF opens to a blank page instead of the home page

Post by videobruce »

It's not a issue with a ad blocker as clicking on that bookmark, the page opens ok.
I do see for a fraction of a second in the lower left corner text regarding FF trying to open the page, but nothing.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
therube

Post by therube »

Is setting FF to open its "home page" different from defining what the "home page" is?
If "home page" is set to open BLANK, & FF is set to open "home page", when FF opens, it will open to BLANK.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

I have it set to open that site that I want.

Now the bigger problem is this 'stunt' that Mozilla pulled last year that I just found out about. Updating when you have that turned off. :evil: :twisted: [-(