How to get help or support for the new web extensions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Ruth

How to get help or support for the new web extensions

Post by Ruth »

I found a new web extension called Cookie Quick Manager which says one thing it does is protect cookies. Yeah, but only if your exporting or exporting them. And there doesn't seem to be an directions how to actually protect existing cookies or if it is even possible. It says something about questions at github, but when I use the link I can't find any place to ask questions, only to open an issue I guess either report a bug or request a particular capability.

Thanks for any help.

Ruth
MarkRH

Re: How to get help or support for the new web extensions

Post by MarkRH »

Uhm, yep, https://github.com/ysard/cookie-quick-manager/issues is the support site for that add-on. Click on the New Issue button to ask a question there (you will need an account there I suspect).
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Thanks again, Mark. I actually saw that site and registered, but for those of us that are not deveopers, programmers and such once I got to the place there seemed no way to ask a question. And, the site made me feel like the characters in the Strugatsky Brothers 'Picnic' an alien landscape in which nothing is anything 'knowable' to an earthman! I mean, after all, in the 'outside' world the term 'issues' wouldn't seem to be a place you asked a question, but rather reported a lack in the program, an error, etc. It is a nice add-on just so it doesn't seem as if I were putting a thumbs down on it, once I can learn how to use particular things!

Have a great day.

Ruth
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

Ruth, I cannot even find a way to 'get into' the program. All I get is a description of what it can do, but nothing about HOW to do it. Oh, I get Options also. Clicking a Manage button, and what do I get: the above-described description. What the heck is wrong with this app?

Hans L
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

Found the button to manage cookies. Sorry for the confusion (mine)!

Hans L
siffemoz

Post by siffemoz »

R. click a cookie to get cookie options; click the wrench to get addon settings/list of protected cookies, etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87sleqzqvqwc0 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking this due to age of the original post.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)