MozillaZine

How to get help or support for the new web extensions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Ruth

Post Posted March 13th, 2018, 7:14 pm

I found a new web extension called Cookie Quick Manager which says one thing it does is protect cookies. Yeah, but only if your exporting or exporting them. And there doesn't seem to be an directions how to actually protect existing cookies or if it is even possible. It says something about questions at github, but when I use the link I can't find any place to ask questions, only to open an issue I guess either report a bug or request a particular capability.

Thanks for any help.

Ruth

MarkRH

Post Posted March 13th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Uhm, yep, https://github.com/ysard/cookie-quick-manager/issues is the support site for that add-on. Click on the New Issue button to ask a question there (you will need an account there I suspect).

Ruth

Post Posted March 13th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Thanks again, Mark. I actually saw that site and registered, but for those of us that are not deveopers, programmers and such once I got to the place there seemed no way to ask a question. And, the site made me feel like the characters in the Strugatsky Brothers 'Picnic' an alien landscape in which nothing is anything 'knowable' to an earthman! I mean, after all, in the 'outside' world the term 'issues' wouldn't seem to be a place you asked a question, but rather reported a lack in the program, an error, etc. It is a nice add-on just so it doesn't seem as if I were putting a thumbs down on it, once I can learn how to use particular things!

Have a great day.

Ruth

Return to Firefox Support