menu bar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
drawoh

Re: menu bar

Post by drawoh »

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't set my homepage to Google. I went into the options and changed it there and also dragged the Google tab onto the Home Page icon on the toolbar. The Homepage I get is :http://search.hfreeforms.co/?uc=2017122 ... age=newtab&." This is something new that just happened. Help.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

drawoh wrote:Hi,

I followed your directions and found the xulstore.json folder. When I tried to delete it I got the message: "The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program."

I closed the Firefox Profile Folder and opened it again using the Windows-Start-Search menu. I tried again and got the same message.

Also, beneath the xulstore.json folder was another folder--xulstore.json.tmp.

Thanks
You can only remove the file with Firefox closed. Check the task manager if you keep getting that error after you think you closed Firefox. It may not have shutdown by the time you tried to remove the file.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

drawoh wrote:Hi,

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't set my homepage to Google. I went into the options and changed it there and also dragged the Google tab onto the Home Page icon on the toolbar. The Homepage I get is :http://search.hfreeforms.co/?uc=2017122 ... age=newtab&." This is something new that just happened. Help.
I'd suggest you start a new thread on this topic in the Firefox support forum.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
drawoh

Post by drawoh »

Hi,

I was finally able to delete the xulstore.json folder. The menu did not come up when I opened Firefox.

Thanks.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Did you turn it back on, then close and restart Firefox? It wouldn't come back on just because you delete that file. The default value for the menubar is to be hidden, so you have to explicitly turn it back on.
therube

Post by therube »

search.hfreeforms.co, doesn't sound good.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
drawoh

Post by drawoh »

Hi,

I woke up this morning and it finally worked. Thank all of you for your help.