Stylish Exporting

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Infernoflower1

Stylish Exporting

Post by Infernoflower1 »

Hello, I've been trying to export my user styles manually, but I get a message saying "0 Styles Installed/Updated" every time I click "Retrieve Backup". Also, I frequently get database errors. How can I fix this?
jscher2000

Re: Stylish Exporting

Post by jscher2000 »

The Stylish developers really need better testing and documentation...

Exporting User Styles Manually

When you call up "Manage All Styles" and click "Backup all Installed" to export your styles, the extension generates a JSON-format file with some gibberish name. Does that work? If you want to view that file, it would help to rename the file with a .json file extension. That also will ease the importing process because the dialog to "Retrieve Backup" has a filter that expects a .json file extension.

Importing User Styles from a Backup

So you are able to click the "Retrieve Backup" button, select a file, and when you load it, nothing is added.

What are you trying to load? Where did it come from?

Database Errors

What does the database error message say? When does it occur?
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Infernoflower1

Post by Infernoflower1 »

Well, I've now found out I need to click on "Retrieve Backup" and I do that and find my installed styles, but they don't show up in Stylish. What can I do about this? Also, the database error says: "An error has occurred using the Stylish database. Would you like to visit a web page with possible solutions?" and it occurs randomly. I've asked on the Stylish forums and the guy says he doesn't know why Stylish won't retrieve backup.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

jscher2000 wrote:I think this may be related: https://forum.userstyles.org/discussion ... ent_119471
Just a little more info about the latest Stylish update....

As you can see I'm on the latest ESR version of Firefox and I update extensions about every other day... and in my normal updating of extensions Stylish was updated to the latest version... and after updating it... all hell broke loose in here. All my stylish items no longer worked, the Stylish icon ended up being about 1x1 inch in size, I could not do any migration of styles plus the normal Stylish option of viewing a users styles no longer displayed when getting into the Add-ons page. I had visited the above link and found no answers for me.... so, I went back to version 2.1.1 and everything came back.

And BTW... it looks like the latest Stylish version is for the 'New and improved Firefox" but this Firefox (ESR) allowed me to update it... so, I'll assume that the new Stylish "is not" usable for ESR?? ... there are lots of bugs in it if it's supposed to work in ESR.

Anyway, just thought I would post this here in case other ESR users are having problems.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

It might be time to jump ship and install Stylus.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

+1

Styl-us rulez