Can't remove favorites from weather underground app.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Can't remove favorites from weather underground app.

Post by Flycaster »

I've been a long time user of weather underground, but have also had a long time problem with removing favorite cities from its favorites bar. Doing searches on this issue, I've been directed to allowing cookies from its site (www.wunderground.com), which I have done. I have also added wunderground to Adblock +. However, none of this has seemed to help. When clicking the stars to the right of the cities, I can remove all but two. But, when I go back to the main screen, all the extra unwanted cities will reappear???
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
DanRaisch

Re: Can't remove favorites from weather underground app.

Post by DanRaisch »

Where are you getting that extension(?) as I don't see it on the AMO site?
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

DanRaisch wrote:Where are you getting that extension(?) as I don't see it on the AMO site?
Not using an extension. Going directly to the site (https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us ... f/KFLGOLF3). Response to my issue from Wunderground is that I have to allow cookies, which as far as I can tell, I do.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You may have to authorize "third party" cookies to get it to work.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

If you go to https://www.wunderground.com/member/favorites are they listed there? Looks like you can remove them from there as well. When you remove them all, then that bar gets filled with popular cities. Seems to work for me.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

MarkRH wrote:If you go to https://www.wunderground.com/member/favorites are they listed there? Looks like you can remove them from there as well. When you remove them all, then that bar gets filled with popular cities. Seems to work for me.
Mark, you are right about having a list that allows for removal of favorites. However, when I do this, I am able to remove all but two favs...they just won't go away. Then when I go back to my weather site, ALL the favs are back???
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Looks like Wundeground saves stuff in both Cookies and Local Storage (Site Data). So, go to about:preferences#privacy and remove any Wunderground.com cookies and look at the Site Data and remove Wunderground from there as well. This Local Storage area is where it seems to store the favorite information. When I cleared this data, my favorites list became empty.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

MarkRH wrote:Looks like Wundeground saves stuff in both Cookies and Local Storage (Site Data). So, go to about:preferences#privacy and remove any Wunderground.com cookies and look at the Site Data and remove Wunderground from there as well. This Local Storage area is where it seems to store the favorite information. When I cleared this data, my favorites list became empty.
Glad this worked for you, but after doing as you suggested, and then logging in, all unwanted favorites reappeared???
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

I would find the site in History, then right click on it and use "Forget About This Site".

If you are a member you will probably be logged out and have to sign in again.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

WaltS48 wrote:I would find the site in History, then right click on it and use "Forget About This Site".

I am a member.
I may be looking in the wrong place (Options>Privacy&Security>History) and can't find "Forget about this Site" when right clicking Wunderground's site. Perhaps you could clue me in.
toolong

Post by toolong »

Flycaster wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:I would find the site in History, then right click on it and use "Forget About This Site".

I am a member.
I may be looking in the wrong place (Options>Privacy&Security>History) and can't find "Forget about this Site" when right clicking Wunderground's site. Perhaps you could clue me in.

Excuse me. The Menu he is refering to in on the website and not on Firefox.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
I believe that the "Forget about this site" option is located in the Firefox sidebar.
Open History & expand & look for Wunderground.
Right click > "Forget about.......etc.,"
Close the History sidebar.
If you haven't got a History button, then select > View > Sidebar > History.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Thanks, Limpet, but no go. Also, might add that there appears to be a looping of the same site. Let me explain: Originally, when everything was working right, I had four sites. Somewhere along the line (my screw up, perhaps,) the fav bar started showing 4-5 links to the same site. The site was a Boynton Beach site, but it wasn't the site I was trying to make a fav. When trying to remove these multiple unwanted sites (clicking the star to the right of the site,) one the first couple of sites would be removed, but then as I clicked the third remaining site, the fourth site (just removed) would reappear??? And, as i tried to add a wanted site, the same BB site would be added to the favs. In other words, I couldn't get rid of multiple unwanted sites and all those sites were the same site???

Now, hold on! Just went back to check out the fav bar on my wanted site, and the fav bar was empty. However, when I went to place my wanted site into the fav bar (clicking yellow start next to site's name, nothing would happen. Couldn't add even add any other sites. I'm signed in and the Manage favorites site shows no sites. Just not working right....
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi FC,
Are you performing all this in The Library?
If not, then try removing the multiples from there.
By default, Firefox will not allow duplicate sites.
You can copy & paste them to various folders of course.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi FC,
Are you performing all this in The Library?
If not, then try removing the multiples from there.
By default, Firefox will not allow duplicate sites.
You can copy & paste them to various folders of course.
I was trying to remove the unwanted favs from Wunderground's "manage favs" (https://www.wunderground.com/member/favorites). Hate sounding stupid, but where's the Library??? And BTW, when wunderground opens to my chosen weather station, the fav bar now contains 8 cities across the US; but I still can't place my wanted site on the bar, nor can I delete the 8 cities.