Other Bookmarks vs Bookmrk Menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TDV

Re: Other Bookmarks vs Bookmrk Menu

Post by TDV »

LIMPET235 wrote:TDV,
Please....We like to keep things civil in here, so no personal comments or run downs.....O.K.?

You said...
......they have no room for reflections of the kind of "There is a difference between a change and an improvement...
Sort of Off Topic but I think relevant...
You want another example of the above?
Check out what AVAST have "included" in their "new & improved version of an A/V program."
They installed an ".exe" to auto update any old/er versions of CCleaner, without the users permission.
Talk about "malware."

I totally agree with you.
On day one after that change I removed Avast forever... and I described it in just about the same words as my comment here. Same for Cccleaner, which f.e. since then no longer removes the cookie from1&1 ! Glary disc cleaner woks fine...
Its the old story, if its free, usually you are th product
TDV

Post by TDV »

smsmith wrote:
TDV wrote:May I inquire what great advantage the developers saw in changing this NOW?
You'd have to ask the developers, instead of railing about it here, where all we are trying to do is help you figure out how to survive in this post apocalyptic world of ours.

Help -> Submit Feedback

or

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/ <-- Scroll down to Communicate
Thank you, but you might want to read my question again. I asked about a way around the issue, and whenever Firefox screws its users, then its only fair to express that in so many words. But, I was looking for an add.on for the issue, which I got, Thank You, but I also think it is important to be aware what kind of company Mozilla turns out to be again and again. I have stated that and I cannot understand why there is so much fuss about that simple fact
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I have stated that and I cannot understand why there is so much fuss about that simple fact
Perhaps because of where it was stated and and the way in which it was stated. We are not Mozilla so "yelling" at us does no one any good.
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

DanRaisch wrote:
I have stated that and I cannot understand why there is so much fuss about that simple fact
Perhaps because of where it was stated and and the way in which it was stated. We are not Mozilla so "yelling" at us does no one any good.
Yes, can't be said loud enough read panel to the right ------> Mozilla changes Firefox all the time, as everyone has said, just have to unfortunately deal with the changes, you are always welcome to use a different browser. No use in complaining about Firefox, we all want to help you fix the issue in the best way, as ssmith pointed out earlier.