font troubie

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Suze

font troubie

Post by Suze »

my print on FF is too small for me so on every page I visit I click on crtrl button and with mouse wheel scroll to 120% on most pages if I leave page and come back the 120% on my menu bar is still there but if I shut down FF and come back I am back to the small print
how do I keep the 120% or higher

thanks
Suze
siffemoz

Re: font troubie

Post by siffemoz »

Do you have FF set to clear history when Firefox closes, or are you using a 3rd party cleaner such as CCleaner? If so, you don't want to clear Site Preferences; that's what stores your font size and other settings for the pages you visit.
Suze

Post by Suze »

I use FF to clear history
Suze
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@Suze - open /Tools/Options/Privacy & Security - under the heading History there should be a "Clear history when Firefox closes" to the right an advanced button.
If the "Clear history . . . " is checked then -
Click on the advanced button and uncheck "Site Preferences" in the list.
You can also reach this list by opening /History/Clear recent History/ - change the "Time range to clear" to Everything and click on the "Details".
The list should be visible and you can uncheck "Site Preferences."
You can also change your font settings in /Tools/options/General/Fonts & Colors - change the value from the default 16 to a larger value.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Suze

Post by Suze »

thanks so much Grampus
you were of great help now I can read easily no more eye straining
Suze
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

You're welcome :)
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you