The eternal Firefox redirect antics...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
danvendel

The eternal Firefox redirect antics...

Post by danvendel »

Hi!

I have to vent.

Been using web browsers ever since Netscape 2. A couple of years ago I moved from Firefox to Chrome (Mac) but felt awkward considering Google's habit of collecting user data. So I moved back to Firefox a year ago.

All is good, save from the exceptionally annoying Firefox habit of always pointing out when redirecting. Either it's this page showing up with some "warning" that the browser is about to redirect to a page and I need to confirm my decision by clicking exactly the same link as I just used.

I hit a link on purpose as I want to load a certain page. Why not let me do just that?

The other way this crap shows is when I e.g. log in to my web server and trying to navigate. Then, it's a kind of "bar" showing up on an otherwise blank page saying something like "do you accept this redirect" with a button "Allow" and another with a X.

This is slowly driving me nuts. I have tried to edit about:config as advised here and there and installed various plugs to make me be able to browse as I wish to no avail.

If this isn't solved shortly, I'm done with Firefox. Which I don't like, but there are limits....

Thanks for reading my rant.

Dan
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 2nd, 2018, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor edit for language.
danvendel

Re: The eternal Firefox redirect antics...

Post by danvendel »

Gosh... just saw I've been here over 15 years......
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

The prevent redirection is a setting you can turn off in Firefox. Do you have the URLs to test?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...

See if this thread helps out...
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3034015
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

This is slowly driving me nuts. I have tried to edit about:config as advised here and there and installed various plugs to make me be able to browse as I wish to no avail.
In addition to what tomatoshadow2 asked for... per the above quoted info... what exactly does that statement contain... have you tried safe-mode and/or a test profile to see if it still happens via those two tests? We are kind of in the dark without more info.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!