2 or 3 clicks to clear window (Linux)SOLVED dagnabit

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Grumpus

2 or 3 clicks to clear window (Linux)SOLVED dagnabit

Post by Grumpus »

Prior to update I could clear the window by hitting the home button (set to about:blank)
This was good when not logged in to a site but just viewing.
Currently, after the update I have to either clear history and double click or just triple click.
This appears to be consistent and did not occur previously.
The same with Ubuntu14.04.xLTS; Linux Mint 17.xLTS and 18.2 LTS
I haven't found an answer.
One thing to note when opening Firefox I'm getting a prelimninary page flash, like it's trying to open another page first
Last edited by Grumpus on May 15th, 2018, 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Re: Double and triple clicks to clear window (Linux)

Post by therube »

You're saying that in order for "about:blank" to load, you have to first clear history?
Otherwise, sometimes a double or triple click on 'Home' will load about:blank?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Completely remove NoScript, use 'real' Fx, not a Linux Distro mashup?
@"Prelimninary page flash" = Menopause?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
therube

Post by therube »

Where is NoScript mentioned?
Anyhow, if NoScript or any other extension, try in Safe Mode (or in a new, clean Profile).

Flash "could" be FF. Any number of "bugs" arise from time to time of various "flashes".
(Often relating to putting a video in full-screen mode.)
Again Safe Mode may tell something (by disabling hardware acceleration).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

therube wrote:Where is NoScript mentioned?
:roll:
Er search his posts...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

therube wrote:You're saying that in order for "about:blank" to load, you have to first clear history?
Otherwise, sometimes a double or triple click on 'Home' will load about:blank?
Exactly and am still trying to track it down. Looks like it was partiallythe hardware acceleration. This was working pretty good with earlier versions with hardware acceleration set to 4. Changing to recommended seems to have adjusted the issue. but am still holding breath.

Still have some issues with sites not clearing from window when home button is clicked which worked prior to update.

mightyglydd - you really need a reading comprehension course and get your head examined, this hate thing your on doesn't do you any good.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Re: Double and triple clicks to clear window (Linux) Not yet

Post by therube »

NoScript Interferes with Home Button when about:blank
One thing to note when opening Firefox I'm getting a preliminary page flash, like it's trying to open another page first
(FF61 Beta) Every time it starts I get a black screen for a second, then the browser opens as usual.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@therube - Home button function is affected by the theme. In Mint there's a Space Fantasy theme which I had on four systems.
Reseting to the default theme the clicks drop from three to two.
Also, looked at the fragments left in this system by CTR and found a lot of CTR specific bits which have been removed.
Tried to add about:blank to NoScript but it needs either http(s) or some filetype suffix. It may be blocked for some reason.
However NoScript has not been an issue in the past so it's doubtful Home button failure has anything to do with NoScript.
I'm inclined to think it's a problem of either theme coordination or more likely part of the Sponsored Content push by Mozilla.
Probably, even if it is a bug will wind up on the "Wontfix" pile.
New profile, nothing changes except loss of any form of style, elan or panache.
therube

Post by therube »

However NoScript has not been an issue in the past so it's doubtful Home button failure has anything to do with NoScript.
But it does, from what I saw.

Throw in FF 59 & NoScript & see if you get the same issue?
or more likely part of the Sponsored Content push by Mozilla
I wouldn't put anything past a grab for $$.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@therube - I had searched the forums and saw nothing on the multi-clicks so it's understandable why I didn't register NoScript as culprit.
There wasn't any issue with 59 and NoScript it appears the multi-clicks are on with 60 at present.
I tried disabling NoScript to see how things functioned on a couple of sites which had required triple or double clicks, no issue went blank right away.
So here's the conundrum - what changed between 59 and 60 which would do this? . . . or from recent update from NoScript?

@mightyglydd - I owe you an apology but still think you need to get your head examined.
therube

Re: 2 or 3 clicks to clear window (Linux)SOLVED dagnabit

Post by therube »

;-).
therube

Post by therube »

This should be fixed with the latest #dev version of NoScript, https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 087#p97087.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Thanks for the links. I kind of figured it was more Mozilla than NoScript as it changed after Firefox updates.
Glad it will be fixed in any event.
Now if we can only get rid of the interference with home from Newtab. #-o