Incomplete displays in FF

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
required_alias

Incomplete displays in FF

Post by required_alias »

Recently (if I have my lingo right), FF has stopped displaying complete pages from various sites. Take accuweather.com.
Calling up the web page, adds are missing (a good thing), but so are weather maps, pictures associated with articles, blah, blah.
All I get is text. Chrome (which I loathe) and IE display the content perfectly. I've tried removing cookies, emptying History, and restarting with Add-ons disabled. No change. How do I get content to display?
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Incomplete displays in FF

Post by malliz »

What are the addons? (some do not really honor safe mode settings)
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Tried the accuweather site and had no difficulties.
However, there was no less than 12 different miscreant attempts by trackers, beacons and other useless garbage plus a player and TV of some type.
Check your Firefox security settings and if using your ad blocker.
It could be some of what you are blocking is stopping some of the page load.
This is the link from Google - Accuweather
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

What do you have selected under View | Page Style ?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
required_alias

Post by required_alias »

Add-ons - Awesome Screenshot, Evernote Web Clipper, Noscript, Stylish, UBlock, Roboform

accuweather was just an example. Google News shows no pictures. This forum shows no pictures.

Page Style = Basic
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

I have been seeing that problem with AOL and TribLIVE when I first load the sites along with my other 15 news tabs all at once.

I reload the tabs for those sites and all is good.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
ghot

Post by ghot »

I was having that problem with NoScript. I removed NoScript, problem gone.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
therube

Post by therube »

This forum shows no pictures.
So you don't see the avatars on this page?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@ghot - Access of Accuweather in my post above; NoScript is/wasin full force and still no issue with pics.
NoScript on it's own isn't the fault, maybe it's how it's applied by the OP or others.
User also has uBlock installed but I doubt it was that either unless something is blocked in the user applied filters.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
required_alias

Post by required_alias »

>>create a new profile

Sorry for the slow response. Here is what I've learned.

From the link . . .
"access the Profile Manager from an open program window by selecting "Tools -> Switch Profile"
I have no "Switch Profile under Toolsand upgraded to newest version on Monday

From the command line " "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe" -P (without "")
Throws an error > Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe" -P
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

"access the Profile Manager from an open program window by selecting "Tools -> Switch Profile"
I have no "Switch Profile under Toolsand upgraded to newest version on Monday
Those instructions are for SeaMonkey, not for Firefox. While information for both programs are included in the link posted above, the "Switch Profile" menu option is only available in SeaMonkey.
Throws an error > Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe" -P
Have you used Widows Search to locate the program Firefox.exe on your computer?
required_alias

Post by required_alias »

Thanks for the replies. Found out how to create a new Profile. Launched new profile. No difference. No colors here, MySMS, or a few other sites. I did, however, find something interesting (to me). Restarting FF results in it restarting with tabs open that were NOT open when I closed FF and tabs closed that were open when I closed FF. In addition, I always run with two instances of FF open. Restarting gives me two instances, BUT both instances have the same tabs open.